The Vinyl Bootleg Thread

22 hours ago, serum7 said:

Looked like this one, but I didn't have the chance to open it up and see what color the vinyl was. Same sticker on the front though.

https://www.discogs.com/Prince-Black-Album/release/8952773

That Black Album is VERY different than the one I had. It looks “nicer” actually.

I bought mine circa 1992. 

The one I listed is the “closest” to the one that I have. However my boot is on “black vinyl,” and has blank colored labels.

Sounds like it was mastered from a third generation cassette, taken from the original LP being recorded from a “rumbly” turntable.

I had this before it was “properly” issued in 1994, and dispite the flaws,  I loved it.

An incredible, awesome album! B)

Edited by Plarocks

16 hours ago, Plarocks said:

That Black Album is VERY different than the one I had. It looks “nicer” actually.

I bought mine circa 1992. 

The one I listed is the “closest” to the one that I have. However my boot is on “black vinyl,” and has blank colored labels.

Sounds like it was mastered from a third generation cassette, taken from the original LP being recorded from a “rumbly” turntable.

I had this before it was “properly” issued in 1994, and dispite the flaws,  I loved it.

An incredible, awesome album! B)

My curiosity got the best of me and I picked this up today. Didn’t get to clean it but aside from some surface noise it’s a pretty nice sounding LP so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
53 minutes ago, benji187 said:

Is it safe to assume that undergroundhiphop.com is not selling bootlegs? 

I ordered a relatively rare vinyl from them that I couldn't find anywhere else but now I'm a little worried.

Thanks!

i ordered from them a few months ago, similar situation, never got fulfilled 

7 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

i ordered from them a few months ago, similar situation, never got fulfilled 

Really? Did they refund you the money at least?

// Just checked out their social media channels (should've done that prior). Lots of complains about never fulfilling orders and zero communication. Might as well just contact by bank right away. 

Edited by benji187
update