PO: PORCUPINE TREE - DEADWING 2xLP & IN ABSENTIA 2xLP

5 minutes ago, Sasan said:

:o:o:o:o

Listen to "Arriving somewhere..." now!

NOW!!!

I have two variants of this record already, so I was only at DW with my mind... :D

Don't worry, I will give Deadwing in a full a proper listen.  

It's funny because I was actually coming in here to be like "When are they going to repress In Absentia?"  Still need to track down Recordings and Stupid Dream.

I'm incredibly excited for the Deadwing reissue.  Last PT LP I needed until we get a stand alone repress of Yellow Hedgerow.  

Did anyone grab In Absentia that already has an original copy? I'm curious about the remastered version, but I didn't want to drop another $35 without hearing people's thoughts of the new one vs the original. (Obviously will have to wait until the spring to find out)

I was also very excited to grab a copy of the book from the 'Delerium Years' box set (had all the individual LPs previously and didn't need the entire set just for the book and YHD).

Edited by faithnolife

I'm likely still gonna wait for Amazon US/US distro/my local shop. I tried putting the items at in my cart again at Burning Shed and it did want to charge me VAT, even after I changed the currency from GBP to USD. I am, however gonna keep my eye on this thread and the Burning Shed shop on the quantities of the color/clear variants and may splurge if holiday spending doesn't wipe me out.

Honestly though, at this point, now that KScope has the rights to nearly everything (The Incident is the one we have not seen yet), they should just finish out the catalog in box set form. The 1991-1993 and 1994-1997 Delirium Years sets were so well done that I think it would be awesome to have the rest done up the same way. There are clear line of demarcation for three more sets. Obviously there are no plans, I am just fantasizing/daydreaming here, but this is how I think it should go (put behind a spoiler tag to slim down the wall of text):

Spoiler

The Snapper Years 1998-2001 (6LPs)

-Stupid Dream 2LP

-Lightbulb Sun 2LP

-Recordings 2LP

The Lava Years 2002-2006 (6LP)

-In Absentia 2LP

-Futile 1LP (All In Absentia era B-sides)

-Deadwing 2LP

-All Deadwing era B-sides 1LP

The Roadrunner Years 2007-2009 (5LP)

-Fear Of A Blank Planet 2LP

-Nil Recurring 1LP

-The Incident 2LP (once the rights are cleared)

If they put something like these together, I would buy those in a fucking heartbeat. And seeing as how PT is never coming back, I think this would be a fitting way to provide closure on the catalog of one of prog rock's most celebrated bands.

They could release a 12LP Box of them farting in 7/8 rhythms, I‘d buy the special edition!

But those 5-6LP Boxsets would be too small...they should include shit like XM, Futile, XMII, Warszawa, we lost the skyline, Atlanta,  Novak, Men of Wood, plus stuff like the ones you said...Half-Light, So called friend...

Edited by Sasan

35 minutes ago, DASiano said:

I'm likely still gonna wait for Amazon US/US distro/my local shop. I tried putting the items at in my cart again at Burning Shed and it did want to charge me VAT, even after I changed the currency from GBP to USD. I am, however gonna keep my eye on this thread and the Burning Shed shop on the quantities of the color/clear variants and may splurge if holiday spending doesn't wipe me out.

Honestly though, at this point, now that KScope has the rights to nearly everything (The Incident is the one we have not seen yet), they should just finish out the catalog in box set form. The 1991-1993 and 1994-1997 Delirium Years sets were so well done that I think it would be awesome to have the rest done up the same way. There are clear line of demarcation for three more sets. Obviously there are no plans, I am just fantasizing/daydreaming here, but this is how I think it should go (put behind a spoiler tag to slim down the wall of text):

Reveal hidden contents

The Snapper Years 1998-2001 (6LPs)

-Stupid Dream 2LP

-Lightbulb Sun 2LP

-Recordings 2LP

The Lava Years 2002-2006 (6LP)

-In Absentia 2LP

-Futile 1LP (All In Absentia era B-sides)

-Deadwing 2LP

-All Deadwing era B-sides 1LP

The Roadrunner Years 2007-2009 (5LP)

-Fear Of A Blank Planet 2LP

-Nil Recurring 1LP

-The Incident 2LP (once the rights are cleared)

If they put something like these together, I would buy those in a fucking heartbeat. And seeing as how PT is never coming back, I think this would be a fitting way to provide closure on the catalog of one of prog rock's most celebrated bands.

You have to go through the checkout process and enter your shipping address before it subtracts the VAT.  

Absolutely all over that clear Deadwing!

I was also gonna grab the clear Lightbulb Sun, since my original is standard black.... But I see they removed the 3 bonus tracks? That's a shame. Probably just gonna hang onto my OP for the extra songs. (They did the same thing with In Absentia, although it's just a single bonus track...)

I'm not sure I can justify rebuying In Absentia.... I did some hunting years ago and finally tracked down the blue marbled version. Looks and sounds gorgeous. And apparently goes for insane money on Discogs now....

29 minutes ago, ExtraFox said:

The wording of the Facebook post is ambiguous. Does anyone know / care to hazard a guess if the Headphone Dust exclusives are going to be the same colour as the Burning Shed ones, or if they will be another colour that is exclusive to Headphone Dust?

That's what I asked myself as well...I'd say it's the same colour as HD never really held any special variants before (afaik)...but you'll never know...

15 hours ago, filthyrich said:

I'm not sure I can justify rebuying In Absentia.... I did some hunting years ago and finally tracked down the blue marbled version. Looks and sounds gorgeous. And apparently goes for insane money on Discogs now....

I agree that the original press looks and sounds very good (I have the standard black, but I got a great price on it via discogs).  I was also surprised to see how much IA goes for on discogs for just the standard black version.  I didn't buy my copy THAT long ago.

6 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

I've only every listened to Voyage 34 The Complete Trip and apparently that doesn't sound like anything else PT?

Well, there were (I'd say) three different phases in the band's history...first the rather ambient/space rock thingy like Voyage, then the mellow rock things like Lightbulb Sun and the last one which was their heavier stuff starting with In Absentia (or rather Steven Wilson producing Opeth's BWP in 2000/2001)