P.O. SOON: Eminem- Revival

Eminem is just becoming kind of pathetic and more sad as time goes by. His albums are getting worse as well and even this new album you just look at the features and it is a bunch of female r&b/pop artists which makes him look more ridiculous when he tries to come out and talk trash about many current rappers which he has a point about but he is not much better these days. That is not even going in on that midlife crises dye job beard either which somehow is worse than the lead single.

He went from making fun of Benzino rapping as a 40 year old ten years ago to now being that same guy.... but much worse.

1 hour ago, Reshiram454 said:

Walk on Water might be the worst song he's ever done and I'm gonna listen to this once, laugh at how bad it'll be, then bump the new N.E.R.D that drops the same day and never listen to this Eminem album again.

Dude just needs to go back to straight hip hop, and start from scratch. 

3 hours ago, Reshiram454 said:

Walk on Water might be the worst song he's ever done and I'm gonna listen to this once, laugh at how bad it'll be, then bump the new N.E.R.D that drops the same day and never listen to this Eminem album again.

Have you heard "Not Afraid" or "Love the Way You Lie"? And I'll respectfully disagree about the new N.E.R.D. album. I love their older stuff and Pharrell's production, but those new singles haven't grabbed me the way I hoped they would. Hoping the rest of the record does it for me.

I grew up in Michigan, and Eminem was my favorite artist for a long time. I'll definitely listen to this and probably buy it if there's a vinyl release. Not saying he's as good as he used to be, but I still appreciate what he does. The features on that tracklist though are BAAADDDDD. A lot of cheesy sung hooks I'm assuming, and that's such a cop out. I'm intrigued by the Phresher feature though.

24 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

Have you heard "Not Afraid" or "Love the Way You Lie"? And I'll respectfully disagree about the new N.E.R.D. album. I love their older stuff and Pharrell's production, but those new singles haven't grabbed me the way I hoped they would. Hoping the rest of the record does it for me.

At least Love the Way You Lie and Not Afraid have drums. 

I think both of the N.E.R.D singles are fun and exciting, and I never got into their earlier stuff but I need to dive into them.

1 hour ago, DafTyler said:

Last good eminem album was the eminem show. 

And that was what 13 years ago?

I would say so, while also saying I enjoyed Encore. I don't revisit any of stuff except for SSLP, MMLP, and TES though.

MMLP2 wasn't bad and I will definitely give REVIVAL a listen just because it's Eminem.

1 hour ago, [Banned User] said:

MMLP2 got me through my thesis project. Other than that, nothing has had lasting value for me since Eminem Show. That was an epic album. Shook-up society at the time for me as an 8th grader. 

you mean to tell me that "Fack" didn't change your life

1 hour ago, lostcrimes said:

So I'm the only Recovery fan here?

That's easily my least favorite album. To me it was kinda his "sell out" album.  Then again I feel like he's only had 3 great/classic albums & most of his best work was the underground (for lack of a better term) stuff from the SSLP era.