PO: GHOST - Ceremony and Devotion (Live 2xLP)

I like the music but don't like the supposed controversy surrounding the contractual issues and discrepancies of the members where it seems like the singer took advantage of them. If I am not mistaken he is the main creative force of all the music but it seems like the others involved were unaware of the arrangement. 

I'm just done with this bands bullshit, they used to be one of my favorite bands, but the fun has been destroyed with lawsuits and the fact that there's probably a map of Sweden that pinpoints where each member lives with their identity. And last time I saw them they didn't do anything off of Opus.

28 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

I'm just done with this bands bullshit, they used to be one of my favorite bands, but the fun has been destroyed with lawsuits and the fact that there's probably a map of Sweden that pinpoints where each member lives with their identity. And last time I saw them they didn't do anything off of Opus.

I got no problem with you opinion, but where did you see them? Opening for Maiden?

I saw them three times on this tour and with the exception of Maiden, they played Elizabeth and Ritual. And they may have played Ritual at Maiden.

Still, I'd rather the dilemmas I have with bands I like be about ownership lawsuits and lost anonymity...

9 minutes ago, Metal Mike said:

I got no problem with you opinion, but where did you see them? Opening for Maiden?

I saw them three times on this tour and with the exception of Maiden, they played Elizabeth and Ritual. And they may have played Ritual at Maiden.

Still, I'd rather the dilemmas I have with bands I like be about ownership lawsuits and lost anonymity...

Aftershock 2016. I get it was a festival, but to play Mummy Dust over Ritual or Absolution over Elizabeth to me makes no sense. They were playing to the mainstream audience that attended but why not expose your earlier material to the newer fans . They didn't even do a song from Infestissumam. And also the horrible fan base they developed is off putting for the quality of music they've done recently. 

But I think the 40 dollar shaped picture disc that's going for 140 in the aftermarket right now was the nail in the coffin, the gimmick got even more gimmicky.

For people in the US: 

https://bodega.lomavistarecordings.com/collections/all/products/ghost-ceremony-and-devotion-limited-edition-vinyl

$35

GHOST_CAD_LP_VINYL_COLORED_1024x1024.jpg

There's also an 8-Track version up there... in case you are into that sort of thing

Edited by roadmonkey

15 hours ago, Reshiram454 said:

the gimmick got even more gimmicky.

8 minutes ago, roadmonkey said:

There's also an 8-Track version up there... in case you are into that sort of thing

The only thing I could possibly think of that's more gimmicky than a shaped picture disc is an 8-Track.

2 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

I have not, I'm gonna look it up right now.

Are you talking about the child's book? Cause I wouldn't really call that a gimmick.

Just mostly all the wacky and gimmicky shit he does with vinyl. Don't get me wrong, I hate picture discs, just like anyone else who listens to their records.

Back to Ghost. I saw them open up for Maiden and I wanted to like them, but I just found the whole performance cheesy, though they were technically excellent. It also bugged the shit out of me that he insisted on screaming, "Hello San Francisco!", when we were in Oakland. People from Oakland don't like that and he said it about five times. "Bay Area" would have been the smart and safe choice. Know where the fuck you're playing or you look like a dick. Maiden kicked ass!