No Idea Collector's Corner

46 minutes ago, monsterrod said:

Yeah, from the albums I've looked up, it looks like the pricing is quite a bit higher than what you can get from discogs but it's in the name of supporting No Idea, so I can't hate.

Yeah, about that... peep the comments in these posts. From what I've heard there are similar stories from others.

Bit pricey, but I picked up something anyway.  Think I’d need a little more background than a post from a band I know nothing about to write off an entire label.  My old band did a couple records on a label that others had bad experiences with, but I had no issues with.  Figure there’s always 2 sides.  

Also so just remember pulling my first record from a label that I felt was “mishandling” it, and thought they were fucking it up.  Gave it to a couple friends who wanted to start up a label of their own.  Looking back, the first label didn’t really do anything that bad, and probably didn’t need to burn that bridge.  Now the label seems to be doing quite well, and haven’t heard anything negative about it.  Not that the second label was a mistake or anything, they’ve also done some pretty cool stuff since.  Just saying, for what it’s worth, I’m my limited experience labels are a tricky thing and shit happens.  

Edited by Dhesketh
Added a bit more.

2 hours ago, AlexH. said:

You've heard of No Idea but you haven't heard of Off With Their Heads? 

Like I said, look at the comments for those posts. You'll find people from Don Giovanni, Kiss of Death, and Red Scare confirming that they ripped off bands and labels. 

Nope.  Had to google the persons name to figure out the band. I’ve seen their records at shops but never heard em.  To be fair when I think of no idea I’m thinking hot water, against me!, small brown bike, swarm, stuff like that.  I’m not familiar with the bands you listed.  If they got screwed that’s unfortunate.  

16 hours ago, Dhesketh said:

To be fair when I think of no idea I’m thinking hot water, against me!, small brown bike, swarm, stuff like that.  

Lol, OWTH is absolutely in the same wheelhouse as AM! and HWM.  If you haven't heard them, give them a try.  They're one of my favorite bands.

I’m not familiar with the bands you listed.  If they got screwed that’s unfortunate.  

Double lol, those weren't bands, they were other labels.  And yeah, they all got screwed, or at least had stories of other labels getting screwed.

22 hours ago, AlexH. said:

You've heard of No Idea but you haven't heard of Off With Their Heads? 

Like I said, look at the comments for those posts. You'll find people from Don Giovanni, Kiss of Death, and Red Scare confirming that they ripped off bands and labels. 

Got any links you could share?

3 hours ago, tdogg241 said:

Lol, OWTH is absolutely in the same wheelhouse as AM! and HWM.  If you haven't heard them, give them a try.  They're one of my favorite bands.

Double lol, those weren't bands, they were other labels.  And yeah, they all got screwed, or at least had stories of other labels getting screwed.

Same wheelhouse maybe, but different time.  And I later realize I have heard of red scare, but not the other two.  Seems like this just isn’t my thing, I liked some earlier no idea records but that’s kind of where it ends for me.  I’ll give off with their heads a try though.  

7 minutes ago, dynamitekid said:

Yes I saw these but you also said " You'll find people from Don Giovanni, Kiss of Death, and Red Scare confirming that they ripped off bands and labels. " which was I was referring to. Hadn't heard anything about that.

On 12/11/2017 at 3:01 PM, AlexH. said:

Like I said, look at the comments for those posts.