PO: Alkaline Trio - Past Live albums

ejeffs

2 hours ago, Satan said:

I'm in this camp. Good Mourning and This Addiction are a solid 10/10 but I celebrate the entire catalog. Let's just pretend My Shame Is True didn't happen

This is just weird to me. The first three and comp are regular jams for me, runner up would be My Shame is True. Guess it just shows they're pretty consistently solid. 

Don't make me play you the best worst shitty acoustic cover of my friend peter by spreading further blasphemy. 

14 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Personally, Goddamnit > S/T> GM> FHTI>micf>Remains>MSIT>Crimson>Addiction>Agony

Dan>>>>>Matt

Also, Standard Break From Life is my anthem 

I really just want a comp of every Dan song and him singing Hell Yes. Matt can stay in Blonk.

Plot twist. Dan just takes over lead. Skiba does backup. Always. 

Edited by Satan

20 hours ago, mmhmm said:

Yep, there's more of us than you think.  Earlier stuff is really difficult for me to listen to...vocals/production/melodies are more to my liking with the later material.  

Completely agree. They matured nicely, became a great band.

I'm one of the extremely small minority that loves My Shame. Great to have them work at the Blasting Room with Bill Stevenson.

41 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Less of...whatever these past few posts have been and more people sharing if they dropped 315 large or are still deciding. 

Yes!

We definitely need less talk about the band and our musical opinions and more talk about consumerism and financial dilemmas. Definitely need more conversation on our personal soul searching,  can I reeeeeaaalllly spend $315 on this?

51 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

Yes!

We definitely need less talk about the band and our musical opinions and more talk about consumerism and financial dilemmas. Definitely need more conversation on our personal soul searching,  can I reeeeeaaalllly spend $315 on this?

It's such an old, worn conversation...people like their old stuff, people like their new stuff...people want to assert their opinion on either--I'm guilty of it too.  I'm just curious if people are pulling the trigger on this box set or holding off.  An appropriate question given the title of the thread.  

17 minutes ago, Rezqua said:

so, I know it's probably a dumb question, but is the bluray a video? The bluray mentions 5.1 audio and stuff, but nowhere that it's a film of all the shows? I'd 100% buy it as a video but I have zero use for a 5.1 mix

They posted a trailer with some footage along with a sample of the Crimson blue ray.

26 minutes ago, Rezqua said:

so, I know it's probably a dumb question, but is the bluray a video? The bluray mentions 5.1 audio and stuff, but nowhere that it's a film of all the shows? I'd 100% buy it as a video but I have zero use for a 5.1 mix

Yes, it's a film of the shows on discs...like DVDs but they're blu-ray discs. 

12 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Yes, it's a film of the shows on discs...like DVDs but they're blu-ray discs. 

22 minutes ago, ejeffs said:

They posted a trailer with some footage along with a sample of the Crimson blue ray.

Okay, awesome. I knew I was going crazy but it was worded just oddly enough that I figured it was worth asking... knew it'd be a pain to deal with KRM if I had to on it. Thanks.