PO Now: Dessa - Chime

http://store.doomtree.net/category/chime

"Chime, my new album, will be released on February 23rd, 2018.

It’s 11 tracks, a couple of years in the making, and the collective effort of some old friends (Lazerbeak, Cecil Otter, Paper Tiger) and some new collaborators (both hands pointing to Andy Thompson). It’s got some rap songs and some pop songs and one song about determinism that name-drops Saint Thomas Aquinas.

The single, "Fire Drills," is out now. And the album pre-order is up and running. (If you've been with us for a while, you know how important the pre-order is for indie labels like ours.) Assorted physical packages from the Doomtree store include handwritten lyrics, limited-edition apparel, new poetry, and a wooden money clip engraved with GET RICH SLOW: http://smarturl.it/DessaChime.)

I’m lucky to have connected with a listenership that’s willing to support my work across disciplines—to read my essays that have nothing to do with music, or attend a science lecture, or check out a poetry reading. Now, I’m enormously excited to make a return to making records. This album, like those past, will be released by Doomtree, the independent group of artists with whom I’ve worked for all of my adult life.

Industry norms dictate that a pop musician should release a full-length record every year and a half, lest she risk losing the interest of her listeners. Thanks for the patience while I finished this shit. I don't want to jinx it, but I think 2018 is gonna be a hell of a year. More news soon.

-Dess."

Standard edition on black vinyl and deluxe version on signed clear vinyl. "Collector's edition" with handwritten lyrics and a unique Polaroid is already sold out.