PO: Between the Buried and Me - Automata I + II

ethereal

4 hours ago, Gippej said:

I emailed Sumerian about this and this was their response:

“The yellow vinyl were indeed limited to 500 and were only available on our store! Luckily you snagged one before they sold out yesterday! I hope this helps and if you need further assistance please let me know!”

Nice!

13 hours ago, VinylMario said:

Nice!

its definitely not 500, their store said limited to 500 in North American store hinting that there are others in different regions. Also, their website says 'SOLD OUT IN USA" once again meaning there are others in different regions. 

Just for reference "**Only 500 of these will be available on the North American Sumerian Store**"

I think the person form sumerian meant "YEAH WE HAVE 500 AVAILABLE FROM OUR STORE AND ANOTHER 500 IN OTHER LOCATIONS!!" 

Edited by MayCauseDeath

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, angryalan said:

Picked up a tour variant last night. Clear with blue blob. 

Asked the merch guy how many were pressed, but he didn't seem to know (nor care). My guess is a couple hundred.

Yeah, I asked when I went, he was less than enthusiastic to be talking to any one it seemed. 

On 4/3/2018 at 5:57 AM, angryalan said:

Picked up a tour variant last night. Clear with blue blob. 

Asked the merch guy how many were pressed, but he didn't seem to know (nor care). My guess is a couple hundred.

2lwX9ni.jpg

I got a copy in from Bullmoose today and it's the same one, guessing tour variant isn't accurate.

edit : or I guess it's not a tour exclusive anyway

Edited by jonrawks

Awesome.  What’s everyone’s thoughts on it?  I’m liking it.  Took me a couple listens though to feel like I adjusted to it.  Feels less guitar dominant to me, which is different.  Maybe a little more Thomas Giles feeling?  Highlights for me is Condemned and Blot. 

4 hours ago, RyanSmithers said:

Awesome.  What’s everyone’s thoughts on it?  I’m liking it.  Took me a couple listens though to feel like I adjusted to it.  Feels less guitar dominant to me, which is different.  Maybe a little more Thomas Giles feeling?  Highlights for me is Condemned and Blot. 

Feel the same, took me a handful of listens but really enjoying it now... Most of the melodies coming from Keys/Synth, threw me off.

Condemned and Yellow Eyes for me 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, wheresoulmeetsbody said:

Wut

Might be related. Came from Sumerian email blast, with no other info.  

From Wiki

Automata is a concept album. According to an official press release, the album will revolve around the concept of being able to view the dreams of others, frontman Tommy Rogers commented.

What if dreams could be broadcast for the purpose of entertainment? Could you consume the innermost thoughts of another person on screen? If you could, what does that say about an attention-starved audience? More importantly, what would become of the dreamer?

During an interview with That Drummer Guy, he also added:

The protagonist in the story... his dreams are broadcast over the entire world as a form of entertainment and because of this he is taking an advantage of by a company called "Voice of Trespass". It follows one of his dreams where he is searching for a family that he's lost, [...] all those different aspects of the story and deals a lot with his personal well-being, corruption, depression, the audience's perspective on the whole thing, [...] it showcases his life in a way and things that he deals with.