PO: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Gumboot Soup

ethereal

13 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

Whenever I see the duke post in a gizzard thread  (which is about every 30 mins), I can't get put of my head the tug passion for the used

11 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

Do you like other bands?

I've been waiting for someone to lose it with him lmao. It's like a Gumbo/Tug collaboration account.

it’s hard for me to order orange/black swirl/merge variants based on mock-up when this type of stuff happens...

6_B84_E9_DA-_D18_C-40_CE-8_A5_D-0_B40991

I love this type of variant, just not with black. 9 out of 10 times it’s mostly black with minor color.

im sure Flightless will do a decent job though, went with gumboot death to be on the safe side. plus the red matches the label nicely.

Just now, ethereal said:

it’s hard for me to order orange/black swirl/merge variants based on mock-up when this type of stuff happens...

I love this type of variant, just not with black. 9 out of 10 times it’s mostly black with minor color.

im sure Flightless will do a decent job though, went with gumboot death to be on the safe side. plus the red matches the label nicely.

My copy of DEP Calculating Infinity is pretty much the same as the Pumpkin variant and it actually came out looking really great; take that for what it's worth, I guess

The Duke isn't trying to get a rise out of anybody, and he has more spirit than most. I wondered about him at first but his determination about cataloging Polygondwanaland is staggering, and there's such genuine, earnest interest I can't help but be happy he's here. Not one drop of sarcasm from him whatsoever, it's refreshing.

2 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Same here.  Only mine time out after it is “Preparing your downloads”

My online receipt times out as well and i never got a separate email for the download. I’m in the US and am not sure if I would even get a dl as they license to ATO for the states.

3 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

The parts where he speculates about things he has no idea about and than has a solo conversation about it bring me to the edge

Does my enthusiasm bother some folks on here then, to the point that i'm annoying?

I must confess, that I am unable to respond to some of the comments left to me, simply because I cannot understand what they're implying..  A case in point; "I can't get put of my head the tug passion for the used"  Apologies to youspinmeround, for using your comment as an example, but the poor construction of that sentence, renders it pretty much unintelligible...so I just ignored it originally. I can leave, if you want, no bother.

Anyways...for what it's worth, I'm too laid back to snipe back in kind, normally. I'm simply interested in music, that's all.

PS: who or what is Gumbo/Tug?

Edited by TheDuke

3 hours ago, HoneyFrosted said:

The Duke isn't trying to get a rise out of anybody, and he has more spirit than most. I wondered about him at first but his determination about cataloging Polygondwanaland is staggering, and there's such genuine, earnest interest I can't help but be happy he's here. Not one drop of sarcasm from him whatsoever, it's refreshing.

Thank you, that's a nice comment! Can I just say folks...I have Asperger's syndrome...so I can get a little absorbed with pointless trivialities at times. Personally..I enjoyed compiling that list, and keeping track of stock remaining with each label. Call me sad if you will...but it keeps me happy! :)

And yes....I haven't got a girlfriend either! lol!

Anyway...as it's just gone midnight here in Blighty...happy new year folks.

My new year's wish? King Gizzard re-releases their first four albums, a must for me.

Edited by TheDuke

12 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

I must confess, that I am unable to respond to some of the comments left to me, simply because I cannot understand what they're imply.  A case in point; "I can't get put of my head the tug passion for the used"  Apologies to youspinmeround, for using your comment as an example, but the poor construction of that sentence, renders it pretty much unintelligible...so I just ignored it originally.

I didn't understand that comment either, lol.  Personally, you've been good for my wallet! The Polygondwanaland thread caused me to look into the abyss and made me think that maybe I should focus a little less on collecting variants, hahah. 2018: the year of black vinyl? Maybe.

1 hour ago, swazzyswess said:

I didn't understand that comment either, lol.  Personally, you've been good for my wallet! The Polygondwanaland thread caused me to look into the abyss and made me think that maybe I should focus a little less on collecting variants, hahah. 2018: the year of black vinyl? Maybe.

Perhaps you wisely avoid that abyss then Swazzyswess! I must confess I rather got too involved with Poly, and pre ordered way too many variants. As much as I enjoy their music, I am one of those completest types, or I was until Poly was released!

Edited by TheDuke

1 hour ago, TheDuke said:

PS: who or what is Gumbo/Tug?

Gumbo: Major post rock fan boy who gets a little excited and fires off very longwinded adjective strewn dramatic opinions of how certain parts of songs feel. Nice guy but gets a little carried away sometimes. Also constantly recieves records in terrible condition as he is cursed.

Tug: pretty much a troll account that only serves up purposefully misspelled trivia on the early 2000's emo band The Used. Frequently bumps his own threads updating stock levels on The Used releases in spite of mostly being met with ridicule. Takes part in any thread that garners a large page count to stir the pot. Willfully uses terms like "vinyl" as the plural of vinyl and 7inchers instead of 7".

10 hours ago, swazzyswess said:

The Polygondwanaland thread caused me to look into the abyss and made me think that maybe I should focus a little less on collecting variants, hahah. 2018: the year of black vinyl? Maybe.

Amen to that, it's almost like a parody of the whole vinyl collecting obsession.