ethereal

PO: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Gumboot Soup

6 hours ago, ethereal said:

Believe that pumpkin is just an orange black swirl, I don't think it's separated colors for each side. Small difference I know.

I'm in for one Gumboot Death.

1 minute ago, raanmaarz said:

Definitely had to go with the Spiced Pumpkin based solely off the color scheme of the album art. Not to mention I don't recall Flightless ever releasing any A-side/B-side swirl variants prior to this, unless the white & green Leah Senior album was

FMB had a swirl variant

I really must remember to look around on this forum more! I hadn't realised this thread was up! Anyhoo, like the two designs, and got 2 or each, but I have to say I prefer the Spiced Pumpkin, goes with the orange bubbles on the album artwork. The other one looks exactly like the Castleface pressings of Quarters & IIYMF. Still nice though. I thought they might only do a black standard, but then again, if these two sell out today, they might put a third variant up yet!

3 hours ago, raanmaarz said:

Definitely had to go with the Spiced Pumpkin based solely off the color scheme of the album art.

21 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

I prefer the Spiced Pumpkin, goes with the orange bubbles on the album artwork.

Gumboot Death mimics the blood fountain emerging from the boot's toe.

4 minutes ago, conedust said:

Gumboot Death mimics the blood fountain emerging from the boot's toe.

Yeah true, but still like the Pumpkin one more! lol! Tried to check quantities remaining, but Flightless seems to have changed their checkout procedure...anybody able to check and let me know. I want to see if it's worth staying up for while, just in case they drop a third variant, like they did with FMB & MOTU! :)

3 minutes ago, Mourning Wood said:

played about half the album on bandcamp. it's good, if you like their sort if thing. pop psych tunes with spaced out sounds, some jamming, some micro-tonal stuff ... i like it!

I think my favourite track off of it..is The Great Chain Of Being...nice 'n' heavy. :)

Superposition not half bad either.

1 hour ago, TheDuke said:

Yeah true, but still like the Pumpkin one more! lol! Tried to check quantities remaining, but Flightless seems to have changed their checkout procedure...anybody able to check and let me know. I want to see if it's worth staying up for while, just in case they drop a third variant, like they did with FMB & MOTU! :)

665 Gumboot 

1005 Pumpkin 

3 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

Cheers Spoon! :)

They look to sell out by the years end.....oh...while I think of it....Happy New Gizzyear folks! :D

Whenever I see the duke post in a gizzard thread  (which is about every 30 mins), I can't get put of my head the tug passion for the used

24 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

Whenever I see the duke post in a gizzard thread  (which is about every 30 mins), I can't get put of my head the tug passion for the used

What can I say....i'm just dizzy for Gizzy! :D

I'm not sure that even makes any sense!

Edited by TheDuke