Brainiac- Smack Bunny Baby and Bonsai Superstar Reissues

55 minutes ago, serum7 said:

Share the scoop!
Also, got my copy of Bonsai Superstar and it seemed new, as in there was nothing strange about the shrinkwrap and the jacket and everything seemed brand new, not NOS.

The distributor failed to send any Smack Bunny Baby's to my shop, but they were able to fix the problem and they should be there any day. The guy at the shop said it was also the weirdest dealing he's had with the distributor because they ghosted him over why he didn't get any.  Just to add to the saga of these releases. 

His scope was sending me his phone number to call him so he could explain because "it was complicated"

The lengths some people will goto instead of just saying they were wrong 

1 hour ago, youspinmeround said:

His scope was sending me his phone number to call him so he could explain because "it was complicated"

It’s not about wrong and right. Bottom line is many people were lied to so the new old stock message stayed in place as long as possible. As you can all see even distributors are acting shady. It’s not new old stock and it’s not really an official repress either. 

2 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

I spoke to several people over the phone and they were quite appreciative. You asked me for the info so I provided you my number to give you the info. You are the only one that didn’t call. Instead you talk shit in this forum. I was asked not to post the full details online so I am keeping my word on that. Don’t ask if you aren’t interested. 

45 minutes ago, Vern said:

The more I look at the SBB cover the more I think they scanned a CD cover and blew it up to LP size.

Listening to the record now and at least it sounds good to my ears.

It’s definitely remastered and sounds good.  As an owner of both originals and new copies I can tell you that bonsai sounds similar however smack is very different. You can hear all of the instruments and keyboard parts in the new press. There are some keys I never heard before. 

Old stock or repress, this is such a questionable/mysterious release. From the straight copy of the artwork to no label taking credit for reissuing it to the limited availability and quick takedown on Midheaven, there’s probably a really good story about where this came from out there somewhere...

On 1/18/2018 at 4:27 PM, unknown pleasures said:

Old stock or repress, this is such a questionable/mysterious release. From the straight copy of the artwork to no label taking credit for reissuing it to the limited availability and quick takedown on Midheaven, there’s probably a really good story about where this came from out there somewhere...

I wouldn't be shocked if Midheaven sold out that quickly. When I went to pick up my copies, only Bonsai Superstar showed up and the guy at the shop said he had tried to find out why no SBB shipped. Right before I left the distributor finally returned his call, first he said he was avoiding him because they deliberately didn't ship them because they had oversold copies on their website, and they wanted to make sure they got copies into their customers hands first. But he told him they had enough left to fulfill their order so they'd still ship them over. This was last Friday, they still haven't gotten them, and it's looking like I may be left out in the cold as far as SBB is concerned. Which sucks because I cancelled my Midheaven order so I could support my local shop. 

But if they sold 250 online, then shipped 1-3 copies of each to stores that ordered them, they could've gone pretty quickly. 

Edit: My shop’s copies arrived today, hallelujah!

Edited by serum7

• 5 years later...