Jump to content
dawhizz

PO: Titus Andronicus - A Productive Cough

Recommended Posts

New album via Merge with a limited “Peak” gray pressing with a 7” of (I’m) Like a Rolling Stone across both sides (what?).  

 

I’m gonna have to sit with the new single a bit before I bite. I usually ride for them, but the song doesn’t really go anywhere for me and sounds kind of like a Delta Spirit demo or something. I feel like I should like this direction, but might need to hear a bit more. 

 

https://titusandronicus.bandcamp.com/album/a-productive-cough

 

https://www.mergerecords.com/a-productive-cough

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

New album via Merge with a limited “Peak” gray pressing with a 7” of (I’m) Like a Rolling Stone across both sides (what?).  

 

I’m gonna have to sit with the new single a bit before I bite. I usually ride for them, but the song doesn’t really go anywhere for me and sounds kind of like a Delta Spirit demo or something. I feel like I should like this direction, but might need to hear a bit more. 

 

https://titusandronicus.bandcamp.com/album/a-productive-cough

 

https://www.mergerecords.com/a-productive-cough

 

Love Delta Spirit and Titus. And this sounds nothing like Delta. That said, this song is awesome.

Edited by stillalivetui

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck yeah, so random I just spun The Most Lamentable Tragedy for the first time in a year earlier today.

2 hours ago, RockPuppetz said:

Apparently cause the song is over 9 minuets half of it's on the a side and the other half is on the b side. Why anyone would want that when the have the song in fuck on the vinyl lp is only known by the label operater

It's really dumb but they did it before with this 7" https://www.discogs.com/Titus-Andronicus-Four-Score-And-Seven/release/2155224

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did that video remind anyone else of this? Having said that, I love Titus so I'll need to get this. Not sure if I need to pre-order today? Really holding out for Bull Moose. The song isn't terrible, but if the rest of the album is going to be like this, we're in for a weird one. 7 tracks for $26 seems like a bit much in my opinion. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

Did that video remind anyone else of this? Having said that, I love Titus so I'll need to get this. Not sure if I need to pre-order today? Really holding out for Bull Moose. The song isn't terrible, but if the rest of the album is going to be like this, we're in for a weird one. 7 tracks for $26 seems like a bit much in my opinion. 

 

 

I just rewatched that movie 2 nights ago. It's truly one of the funniest movies ever made. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Saw the LP tracklist and that song on the 7" isn't on the LP so there's that. I'm guessing the albums like 55 min long. The single reminded me of songs like A Pot in Which to Piss and Richard II.

 

0012106955_10.jpg

That’s weird, cause it’s track 5 on the pictures of the CD and the bandcamp tracklist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

That’s weird, cause it’s track 5 on the pictures of the CD and the bandcamp tracklist. 

I know... I was hoping it'd be track 4 when i went back and looked so the flow could still work somewhat. Im guessing Crass Tattoo isn't a long song so swapping them wouldn't work. Hoping it'll sound good as a closer after spinning the LP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, glass realms said:

The track times are on the Merge website. Minus "Like a Rolling Stone," the album is about 38 minutes. Side 1 is 20:14 and Side 2 is 17:22.

So does that mean the standard vinyl won't have the 7" or The Bob Dylan cover on the record? And it's exclusive to the limited? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Codyoster said:

So does that mean the standard vinyl won't have the 7" or The Bob Dylan cover on the record? And it's exclusive to the limited? 

It sounds like the standard LP comes with a download with all 7 songs. But "Peak Version" is the only way to get the the extra song on vinyl (on the 7" single). Also, it's not a Dylan cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, glass realms said:

It sounds like the standard LP comes with a download with all 7 songs. But "Peak Version" is the only way to get the the extra song on vinyl (on the 7" single). Also, it's not a Dylan cover.

Pitchfork says it is (https://pitchfork.com/news/titus-andronicus-announce-new-album-a-productive-cough-share-new-song-listen/) but I agree, I think that’s wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2018 at 8:16 AM, AdamJNovak said:

Did that video remind anyone else of this? Having said that, I love Titus so I'll need to get this. Not sure if I need to pre-order today? Really holding out for Bull Moose. The song isn't terrible, but if the rest of the album is going to be like this, we're in for a weird one. 7 tracks for $26 seems like a bit much in my opinion. 

 

It's cheaper from Merge with their free US shipping, but here's the BM link: http://www.bullmoose.com/p/26718342/titus-andronicus-a-productive-cough-indie-exclusive-blue-gray-swirl-vinyl-w-7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×