Rhino Records SYEOR 2018

Rhino Records annual "Start Your Ear Off Right" campaign has been officially posted. This year has your usual Alice Cooper in several colors. 

What I'm most interested in most are the two Dio albums available this year.

The Last In Line on blue vinyl and

Holy Diver on red vinyl. Both limited to 3,500.

Rhino SYEOR

Rhino Records SYEOR 2018

Edited by VinylMario
link fix

1 hour ago, Andthejets27 said:

How does the blade runner sound?

It's coming on the 18th. Hasn't been released yet. I'll let you know. I know there's already another reissue that just released a couple years ago, but apparently they are using some excellent mastering engineers for this year's batch of SYEOR. We'll see what we get...

11 hours ago, VinylMario said:

It's coming on the 18th. Hasn't been released yet. I'll let you know. I know there's already another reissue that just released a couple years ago, but apparently they are using some excellent mastering engineers for this year's batch of SYEOR. We'll see what we get...

Awesome thank you! I saw the rhino at a local yesterday, guess they put it out early. Would've snatched it if I had known haha. Looking forward to hearing your take though. It's such an awesome soundtrack and I'd rather not spend 40-50 on that Euro version if I don't have to

10 hours ago, Andthejets27 said:

Awesome thank you! I saw the rhino at a local yesterday, guess they put it out early. Would've snatched it if I had known haha. Looking forward to hearing your take though. It's such an awesome soundtrack and I'd rather not spend 40-50 on that Euro version if I don't have to

Yeah, lol! Then you coulda let me know, Ha! I've heard that some of these titles have been popping up early around record stores before their release dates... I normally visit my local Zia's Record exchange for these types of campaigns, ie: Record Store Day, Rhino Rocktober...

On 1/13/2018 at 7:44 PM, Andthejets27 said:

How does the blade runner sound?

Just received my Blade Runner Soundtrack! This thing is a beaut! I wasn't aware that this was a Gatefold(1up)! Heavy 180 gram too. Looking for indications as to who mastered these. Also gotta clean it but I'll check back...

Oh BTW, if anyone was wondering, this is the Vangelis arranged soundtrack. Not the American Orchestra like some were afraid it was going to be

So turns out Rhino Goofed up the Alice Coopers! Killer was pressed on red but with the album Easy Action, and Easy Action was pressed on gold, but with Killer on it!

Welcome To My Nightmare was pressed correctly on purple.

So just waiting to see what's gonna happen now. My guess is that nothing will be done and I'll either have a misprint of these Albums or return them...

Did anyone else order any of the misprints?

10 minutes ago, rhcp02 said:

My killer has easy action on it also. I didn't order easy action.  Maybe i should have. Lol. That's the only way to actually hear killer

Not exactly sure, but I think these are not for sale anymore. If you look at Rhino Records website, you'll notice that these two albums are not being offered anymore...

Lol but yeah, shoulda just ordered all three of them...

Did you purchase the purple Welcome To My Nightmare? That one came out really nice...

I got an email stating a recall yesterday due to manufacturing defects so it must be across the board, no release date set but it will be redone. I actually passed on ordering these cause the last batch of alice cooper rhino reissues took months to sell, so saved myself some work

3 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

I got an email stating a recall yesterday due to manufacturing defects so it must be across the board, no release date set but it will be redone. I actually passed on ordering these cause the last batch of alice cooper rhino reissues took months to sell, so saved myself some work

Yup just got an email indicating just that. Thx, don't know if I should go thru the trouble yet...

On 1/19/2018 at 12:20 AM, VinylMario said:

Just received my Blade Runner Soundtrack! This thing is a beaut! I wasn't aware that this was a Gatefold(1up)! Heavy 180 gram too. Looking for indications as to who mastered these. Also gotta clean it but I'll check back...

Oh BTW, if anyone was wondering, this is the Vangelis arranged soundtrack. Not the American Orchestra like some were afraid it was going to be

thanks for the update! have you happened to have a chance to spin it yet?

On 1/23/2018 at 2:18 AM, VinylMario said:

Not exactly sure, but I think these are not for sale anymore. If you look at Rhino Records website, you'll notice that these two albums are not being offered anymore...

Lol but yeah, shoulda just ordered all three of them...

Did you purchase the purple Welcome To My Nightmare? That one came out really nice...

I did but haven't listened yet. I also got the recent love it to death, trash, & billion dollar babies!! Just waitin on schools out!!

3 hours ago, rhcp02 said:

I did but haven't listened yet. I also got the recent love it to death, trash, & billion dollar babies!! Just waitin on schools out!!

I also have B$B. Have you noticed that B$B is going for upwards of $80-$100! 

School's Out is gonna be awesome! Hoping they bring it back with all the amenities, ie: fold out desk and paper underwear, lol

1 hour ago, VinylMario said:

I also have B$B. Have you noticed that B$B is going for upwards of $80-$100! 

School's Out is gonna be awesome! Hoping they bring it back with all the amenities, ie: fold out desk and paper underwear, lol

I seen that. Its been sold out for awhile so its gone up quite a bit. I have an origianl schools out but without the underwear. Thatd awesome if they replicated that.