Record Store Day 2018

I'm going to see ICP tonight. For the last two weeks I've been listening to their newest music. It ain't terrible but it's different than their earlier stuff. Although yesterday while I was at the grocery store, two juggalos walked by me and they smelled bad. I forgot about that. Not looking forward to the smells I'm going to face tonight. I don't listen to Attila but they are the co-headliners tonight. I remember they were at Warped tour last year and a lot of people were talking about seeing them but I left right after Gwar's set. ICP is just a fun group to listen to and their shows are entertaining. The whole gimmick is what makes them. Kinda like wrestlers, their gimmick is what either makes or breaks them. They've been around for almost 30 years so they must be doing something right. 

But AJB is the album that got me into them when I was 10 years old so this is a must buy for me. I went to an after school program at the YMCA and some older kid was like "pop this into your cd player" it was the craziest shit I ever heard at that age 

1 hour ago, pizza face said:

I'm going to see ICP tonight. For the last two weeks I've been listening to their newest music. It ain't terrible but it's different than their earlier stuff. Although yesterday while I was at the grocery store, two juggalos walked by me and they smelled bad. I forgot about that. Not looking forward to the smells I'm going to face tonight. I don't listen to Attila but they are the co-headliners tonight. I remember they were at Warped tour last year and a lot of people were talking about seeing them but I left right after Gwar's set. ICP is just a fun group to listen to and their shows are entertaining. The whole gimmick is what makes them. Kinda like wrestlers, their gimmick is what either makes or breaks them. They've been around for almost 30 years so they must be doing something right. 

But AJB is the album that got me into them when I was 10 years old so this is a must buy for me. I went to an after school program at the YMCA and some older kid was like "pop this into your cd player" it was the craziest shit I ever heard at that age 

giphy.gif

On 2/28/2018 at 3:49 PM, Richard 1966 said:

Hey gang, record store here.  This fab.ca list a lot of y'all are referencing is far from the official list (which will be announced Tuesday 3/6).  A lot of those are - I think - European releases and "unofficial" (non-RSD sanctioned) releases.  I've seen the list.  It's bigger than last year's by about 50 titles and I think there's a lot of good stuff on there.  As always, YMMV.

And thanks for chiming in, it's helpful for us to see what people are keen on!

1 hour ago, Reshiram454 said:

This is extremely wishful thinking, but I wonder if we'll get a 20th anniversary first ever vinyl reissue of System of a Down's Self-Titled. I really doubt it, but that would get my ass out of bed early for RSD.

I think you mean a discography box in celebration of the anniversary :P

Picked this up on phantasy tour.  No SOAD but definitely a few that spark my interest. 

Initial list of Warner Bros RSD titles (A through L)

CFG ARTIST TITLE
A Adam Sandler They're All Gonna Laugh At You! (Explicit)(2LP)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Air Sexy Boy (12" Picture Disc Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Anywhere Anywhere II (Color Vinyl) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Baby Huey The Baby Huey Story: The Living Legend (2LP 180 Gram Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
S Balmorhea Chime / Shone (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Blue Oyster Cult Blue Öyster Cult: Rarities Vol. 2 (Limited 2-LP Blue Vinyl Edition, (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Bunk Johnson Rare & Unissued Masters: Volume One (1943-1945) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Car Seat Headrest Twin Fantasy (Mirror To Mirror) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Celtic Frost Tragic Serenades
S Cheech & Chong Up In Smoke (40th Anniversary Edition)(7" Green Vinyl Single)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
S Chris Bell I Am The Cosmos / You And Your Sister (45 RPM) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Dave Van Ronk Live at Sir George Williams University (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A David Bowie Now (White Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
MS David Bowie Let's Dance (Demo)(12" Vinyl Single)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A David Bowie Welcome To The Blackout (Live London ’78) (3LP)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
S Descendents Who We Are (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Disturbed The Lost Children (Explicit)(2LP)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A DJ Spooky Presents Phantom Dancehall Phantom Dancehall (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
MS Dr. Dre Dre Day (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
S Duke Reid's All Stars & Roland Alphonso Judge Sympathy c/w Never to Be Mine (O Sole Mio) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Duran Duran Duran Duran Budokan (Live) (Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
S Eek-A-Mouse Ganja Smuggling (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Eric Clapton Rush (Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack)(Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Eric Clapton Complete Clapton (4LP w/Bonus 7" Single)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Europe Walk The Earth (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
S Fleet Foxes Crack-Up (Choral Version) / In The Morning (Live In Switzerland)(7" Vinyl Single) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Fleetwood Mac Tango In The Night Alternate (180 Gram Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
MS Gary Clark Jr. and Junkie XL Come Together (Vinyl Picture Disc w/Comic Book & Poster) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
S Get Ready, Do Rock Steady: The 7" Vinyl Box Set Get Ready, Do Rock Steady: The 7" Vinyl Box Set (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Grateful Dead Fillmore West, San Francisco, CA 2/27/69 (4LP 180 Gram Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Hawkwind Dark Matter (The Alternative Liberty / U.A. Years 1970 - 1974)(2LP)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit Live From Twist & Shout 11.16.07 (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
MS Jesus Jones Zeroes And Ones - 25th Anniversary (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Jethro Tull Moths (10" Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
MS John Fogerty Centerfield (12" Picture Disc, (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A John Wesley Harding Greatest Other People's Hits (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
S Kevin Morby & Waxahatchee Farewell Transmission b/w The Dark Don't Hide It (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Kreator Behind the Mirror (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Lalo Schiffrin Enter The Dragon (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)(Picture Disc Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
S Led Zeppelin Rock and Roll / Friends (7" Yellow Vinyl Single)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Lil Uzi Vert Luv is Rage (Explicit)(Yellow Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Lil Uzi Vert The Perfect LUV Tape (Explicit)(Purple Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Linda Perhacs I'm A Harmony (2LP) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
A Linkin Park One More Light Live (Explicit)(2LP Color Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)

A Lou Reed Animal Serenade (3LP)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)

Mac DeMarco Old Dog Demos (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Mac DeMarco and Shamir Beat Happening Covers (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Madonna You Can Dance (Mix 2)(Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Madonna Madonna (Picture Disc Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives Way Out West - Desert Suite (Trip One) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Mastodon Emperor of Sand (Vinyl Picture Disc)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Miles Davis RUBBERBAND (12" Vinyl Single)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Morbid Angel Kingdoms Disdained (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Motörhead Heroes (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Neil Young Tonight's The Night Live At The Roxy 1973 (2LP Vinyl w/ Collectible Photo Reprint)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Notorious B.I.G. Juicy (12” Clear / Black Marble Swirl Vinyl Single)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Ornette Coleman An Evening with Ornette Coleman, Part 2 (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Parquet Courts Mardi Gras Beads (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Phish Billy Breathes Vinyl (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Powell Peralta The Search For Animal Chin Soundtrack (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Prince 1999 (Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Quicksand Triptych Continuum (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Ramones Sundragon Sessions (Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Redd Kross Third Eye (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Richard Lloyd Lodestones (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Ron Gallo Really Nice Guys (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Saxon Princess of the Night (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Sleigh Bells Kid Kruschev (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Sock-Tight Second Wind (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Stef Chura Degrees b/w Sour Honey (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Stone Sour Hydrograd Acoustic Sessions (Solid Silver Vinyl w/Digital Download)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Sugar Ray Fly - 20th Anniversary (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Sun Ra Standards (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Superchunk "What A Time To Be Alive (Acoustic)" b/w "Erasure (Acoustic)" (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
The Beau Brummels Bradley's Barn (2LP 180 Gram Color Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
The Casket Lottery Anthology: 3 LP Box Set (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
The Cure Mixed Up (2LP)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
The Cure Torn Down (2LP)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
The Distillers and The Regrettes Dismantle Me (7" Vinyl Single) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
The Doors Live At The Matrix: Let’s Feed Ice Cream To The Rats, San Francisco, CA – March 7 & 10, 1967 (180 Gram Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
The Dream Syndicate How We Found Ourselves...Everywhere! (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
The Flaming Lips Pouring Beer in Your Ear/Yum Yum and Dragon (7" Colored Vinyl Single) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
The Lurkers Fulham Fallout (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
The National Boxer Live in Brussels (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
The Rascals The Rascals: The Complete Singles A's & B's (Limited Edition 4-LP Multicolor Vinyl Set, (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
The Smithereens The Smithereens Play Tommy (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
The Stooges The Stooges (The Detroit Edition)(2LP)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
The Streets Remixes & B-Sides (2LP)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
The Submarines Honeysuckle Weeks (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
The Vapors Turning Japanese (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Thomas Andrew Doyle Incineration Ceremony (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Tim Armstrong A Poet's Life (White Vinyl) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Tom Waits Bastards (180 Gram, Grey Vinyl) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Tom Waits Bawlers (180 Gram, Translucent Blue Vinyl) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Tom Waits Brawlers (180 Gram, Translucent Red Vinyl) (RSD 2018 Exclusive)

Twin Peaks Twin Peaks (Music from the Limited Event Series)(2LP Picture Disc)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Twin Peaks Twin Peaks (Limited Event Series Soundtrack) [Score](2LP Picture Disc)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Uriah Heep Look At Yourself
Van Morrison The Alternate Moondance (180 Gram Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Various Artists The Other Side of Sun (Part 2): Sun Records Curated by Record Store Day, Volume 5 (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Various Artists Right On Now! The Sounds of Northern Soul (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Voivod Too Scared to Scream (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Whitesnake 1987 (30th Anniversary Edition)(12" Vinyl Picture Disc)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Wilco Live At The Troubadour 11/12/96 (2LP 180 Gram Vinyl)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Wu-Tang The Saga Instrumental EP (RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Yes Tormato (12" Vinyl Picture Disc)(RSD 2018 Exclusive)
Yung Wu Shore Leave (RSD 2018 Exclusive)

My wantlist is getting longer than usual already considering they haven't announced the full list. 

Josephine Foster, Spiritualized, Spacemen 3, Tim Armstrong, Sufjan Stevens , 2 Cure releases, 3 Tom Waits releases, the Wire singles box set. I'm also curious to see if Bella Union will continue their Dirty Three reissue series. Maybe we will get Lowlands?

Anyone heard anything about The Cure's "Torn Down"? Amazon France and Spain show this tracklisting, along with the full title "Torn Down: Mixed Up Extras 2018":
Disque : 1
  1. Three Imaginary Boys
  2. M
  3. The Drowning Man
  4. A Strange Day

Disque : 2
  1. Just One Kiss
  2. Shake Dog Shake
  3. A Night Like This
  4. Like Cockatoos

Disque : 3
  1. Plainsong
  2. Never Enough
  3. From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea
  4. Want

Disque : 4
  1. The Last Day Of Summer
  2. Cut Here
  3. Lost
  4. It's Over

The Amazon tracklist shows one song from every album with some really, really great choices but I'm not sure I need new remixes of these tracks. Being the Cure fan that I am I will buy it regardless but I'd prefer reissues of Wish, Wild Mood Swings and Bloodflowers.