Record Store Day 2018

24 minutes ago, jrodan said:

dang, way more stuff than i planned on getting.

i think i am most excited for Ben Kweller - Sha Sha being released on vinyl for the first time. 

This is a repress, the album had a vinyl pressing back in the day. (I owned it at one point and then sold it for a stupid amount of money.)

Press release on the Motorhead RSD release:

08987f4a-e882-4bd3-b7f3-c2071219de8b.jpg

On April 21st - aka Record Store Day - MOTÖRHEAD will be issuing a 7" picture disc of their runaway hit cover version of David Bowie's "Heroes", with the art featuring a new "sketch" take on the classic war-pig. The flip-side features "Heroes (the Wacken Family Choir Mix)" with previously unheard audio of the crowd at 2017's Wacken Festival singing along to the single as it was being officially launched via the festival PA, an emotional moment of celebration and tribute which can now be shared globally. 

"It's such a great Bowie song, one of his best, and I could only see great things coming from it out of us," said guitarist Phil Campbell, whilst drummer Mikkey Dee added, "Lemmy was very, very proud of it, not only because it turned out so well, but because it was fun!"

Press release on the National RSD release:

da8eaaff-16ce-499b-aa17-39dc011cb941.jpg

GRAMMY-winning band, The National are pleased to announce a very special Record Store Day release - a live recording of their seminal album, Boxer. On November 9th, 2017, The National wrapped up their European tour by performing the album in its entirety, celebrating the 10th Anniversary of Boxer's debut. Now, Boxer (Live In Brussels) will be released on April 21st on vinyl for Record Store Day - a day to celebrate the culture of the independently owned record store.

Released in 2007, Boxer received widespread critical acclaim and landed the band in the Billboard Top 200 for the first time in their career. The album went on to sell over 430,000 copies in the U.S. alone. The track "Fake Empire" was used widely by Barack Obama throughout his presidential campaign the following year.