Record Store Day 2018

1 hour ago, spoon said:

Pretty, pretty good. I’ll probably rock up to Amoeba around 6 or 7 and check things out.

Sufjan, Daniel Rossen, Kevin Shields / Eno, Kevin Morby, both Mac releases and Neil Young live should just about do it. 

Solid list.

1 hour ago, hype said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4951350

Yes, yes. Goooood.

30 minutes ago, vinyl21 said:

Holy shit.  Is it just me or are there a ton of picture discs releases this year? :lol:

It is not just you.

So there is a difference between the RSD releases in the US and the releases in Canada....?

If I'm understanding that correct, any Canada heads need a US release that is willing to cop me a Canada release? If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM. I need this Madchild DopeSick release.

5 hours ago, Dojo Daniel said:

Circa was planned for RSD but got cancelled:

Directly from Amped/Alliance email:

"There is one change in the AMPED group – Circa Survive was canceled. Hopefully it will make a Black Friday appearance."

Hoping this means the band will release an anniversary edition. 

1 minute ago, Plarocks said:

Nope.

My Sundays RW&A is a US pressing on Geffen. I remember seeing those for around $3.99 in the “cut out” bin way back in the day.

The OG UK pressing was on Rough Trade.

Good times! :)

My quote was related to Ben Kweller. Not sure how you thought I was talking about the Sunday’s. 

Went back and didn’t see this posted. Will be getting.

Rage Against The Machine - Live at the Democratic National Convention 2000

Pressing 5000.

“Bulls on Parade,” “Testify,” “Guerrilla Radio,” “Sleep Now in the Fire,” “Freedom,” and “Killing in the Name.”

https://www.spin.com/2018/03/rage-against-the-machine-live-democratic-national-convention-2000-record-store-day/

1 hour ago, Tamubro said:

Went back and didn’t see this posted. Will be getting.

Rage Against The Machine - Live at the Democratic National Convention 2000

Pressing 5000.

“Bulls on Parade,” “Testify,” “Guerrilla Radio,” “Sleep Now in the Fire,” “Freedom,” and “Killing in the Name.”

https://www.spin.com/2018/03/rage-against-the-machine-live-democratic-national-convention-2000-record-store-day/

this will save you a lot of time and possibly money

https://www.discogs.com/Rage-Against-The-Machine-Live-At-The-Grand-Olympic-Auditorium/release/3714735

4 minutes ago, ethereal said:

I always thought that was the worst live recording and had to swear it off or face ear canal cancer.

Pretty great list this year. Here's some of my must have's and maybe's. I know I have the CB picture disc and FIDLAR pic disc, but I don't own either and think they're kind of cool. 

• Arcade Fire- EP $17.97
  • Courtney Barnett- The Double EP: A Sea of Split Peas $23.97
  • FIDLAR-S/T $23.97
  • John Fogerty- Centerfield (maybe) $17.97
  • Albert Hammond Jr.- Etchings From Francis Trouble (maybe)
  • The Lurkers- Fulham Fallout (maybe) $20.97
  • The National- Boxer Live In Brussels $22.97
  • Rage Against the Machine- Live at the Democratic National Convention 2000 $17.97
  • Sufjan Stevens- Mystery Of Love EP $20.97
  • Wilco- Live At The Troubadour 11/12/96 (maybe) $33.97
  • Mac Demarco/Shamir- Beat Happening Covers $8.97
  • The Kills-Live at Electric Lady Studios (maybe) $24.97
  • Nas- Illmatic: Live From The Kennedy Center (maybe) $33.97
  • Soundgarden- A Sides (maybe) $34.97
  • The Bird and The Bee- Interpreting the Masters Volume 1: A Tribute to Daryl Hall and John Oates $20.97
  • The Who- The Kids Are Alright (maybe) $33.97

16 minutes ago, curator said:

That’s the only one I want this year!  Although, I’ve never heard this album.  I’m sure it’s great like the other two though.

Yeah its the album that initially turned me on to the Sundays. A bit more raw, less polished, but the songs are sooooo catchy

Kind of a perfect list* this year, a bunch of stuff I'd be down to have but would be ok missing out on, nothing worth getting up and waiting in line for but enough to get me out to my local store . Top priority stuff is probably the Eno/Shields release, Daughter, and Sufjan

Brian Eno/Kevin Shields The Weight Of History / Only Once Away My Son 

Run The Jewels - Stay Gold Collectors 

Daughter - Music From Before The Storm 

Superchunk "What A Time To Be Alive (Acoustic)" b/w "Erasure (Acoustic)" 

First Aid Kit -You Are The Problem Here 

Sufjan Stevens - Mystery Of Love EP 
The National Boxer Live in Brussels 

(Maybe)

The Flaming Lips - Pouring Beer in Your Ear/Yum Yum & Dragon 

Marnie Stern This Is It & I Am It & You Are 

John Coltrane - My Favorite Things 

The Beginning Of The End - The Existential Psychodrama In Country Music (1956-1974)

Courtney Barnett - The Double EP: A Sea of Split Peas 

Miles Davis – RUBBERBAND

Wu-Tang - The Saga Instrumental EP 

Lil Uzi Vert - The Perfect LUV Tape 

Lil Uzi Vert - Luv is Rage 

3 hours ago, ethereal said:

Listen to this on Spotify every so often and it still blows me away. They kicked the shit out of every band, during that time period, that even remotely tried to do the same thing as them.

Saw them in New Orleans with roughly 50,000 other people at a festival. Will never forget the sound of the crowd chanting, “fuck you, I won’t do whatcha tell me!” 

3 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I always thought that was the worst live recording and had to swear it off or face ear canal cancer.

Really?! I think Zach and the guys sound flawless on this live recording. Does the vinyl itself sound that much different than digital? 

1 hour ago, Tamubro said:

Really?! I think Zach and the guys sound flawless on this live recording. Does the vinyl itself sound that much different than digital? 

Nothing to do with vinyl I just remember the tempos being ridiculously off for the majority of the songs. Not just Zach off beat but they ebb and flow like a vinyl record spinning on a table that can't keep a consistent speed. With the strobe all bouncing around and shit. I'll listen to it again since I haven't in 10 years but that's all I remember about it.