Record Store Day 2018

23 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

I'm not the biggest Flaming Lips fan, but the 7" they're releasing is "beer filled", which could be cool. 

My local shop, Gidget's Gadgets in Rehoboth, is having a raffle for that record. I got to look at it the other day and it's pretty nice. The proceeds go to The Delaware School of Music. You can enter the raffle here.

http://www.maxwellsrecords.com/news/

Edited by N8TRU1

4 minutes ago, N8TRU1 said:

My local shop, Gidget's Gadgets in Rehoboth, is having a raffle for that record. I got to look at it the other day and it's pretty nice. The proceeds go to The Delaware School of Music. You can enter the raffle here.

http://www.maxwellsrecords.com/news/

On Wayne's Instagram, he made it seem like all of them will be beer filled. I wonder if only a select amount are? Says it's limited to 5000 on the RSD site. 

2 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

On Wayne's Instagram, he made it seem like all of them will be beer filled. I wonder if only a select amount are? Says it's limited to 5000 on the RSD site. 

https://www.dogfish.com/blog/record-store-day-flaming-lips

100 are beer filled

Edited by N8TRU1

On 14/04/2018 at 2:52 PM, jackshidt said:

I am looking for a UK guy to sell me all 4 of the Sigur Ros UK RSD 2018 items.   I expect to pay a collectors price, I just want a single simple transaction.   Shipping to California.

Thanks!  

Looks like you have an opportunity to get them online:

https://t.co/gUyoPHvsCS

11 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Is that Radioactive/Technique? Mind pointing me to their list? I didn't see anything posted.

We Got The Beats in FTL and Lauderhill.

Store list: https://docs.google.com/notify-NUO_Whoa-There?aHR0cHM6Ly9kb2NzLmdvb2dsZS5jb20vc3ByZWFkc2hlZXRzL2QvMXB4Y1IzM0FOS0Etd0xIc1c1a25vZFBQLTNvZlJEQlhLZHBZbDc3ZEpfdkUvZWRpdD91c3A9c2hhcmluZw==;3JEr7f7mdk1kXcySj6/e0sKvLjSkNC/vhKm6bK0rRuE

I don't fuck with Radio Active anymore...they price gouge big time. And I'm sure so will Technique now.

13 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Store list: https://docs.google.com/notify-NUO_Whoa-There?aHR0cHM6Ly9kb2NzLmdvb2dsZS5jb20vc3ByZWFkc2hlZXRzL2QvMXB4Y1IzM0FOS0Etd0xIc1c1a25vZFBQLTNvZlJEQlhLZHBZbDc3ZEpfdkUvZWRpdD91c3A9c2hhcmluZw==;3JEr7f7mdk1kXcySj6/e0sKvLjSkNC/vhKm6bK0rRuE

I don't fuck with Radio Active anymore...they price gouge big time. And I'm sure so will Technique now.

When I went to Miami two years ago I went to both radio active and we got the beats. Radio active was decent, I picked up a Green River record. But I went to we got the beats at least 2 or 3 times. Got some amazing stuff for a great price but had to dig through a bunch of crates.

10 minutes ago, pizza face said:

When I went to Miami two years ago I went to both radio active and we got the beats. Radio active was decent, I picked up a Green River record. But I went to we got the beats at least 2 or 3 times. Got some amazing stuff for a great price but had to dig through a bunch of crates.

@jhulud

I've also always had luck at Radioactive. Unfortunately they have a few things on discogs I'm interested but the price is too high. maybe things have changed there.

Edited by shenanigans

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

Ah sweet I love that shop and forgot there was a second one. That list doesn't make me feel any better about what I want though they got like 3 of the 20+ they ordered for the only two things I want haha.

I was gonna go try out Technique in hopes that the price gouging was a reason Mikey left but My hopes aren't too high. I haven't been there yet cuz fuck Miami.

1 hour ago, ZeroNowhere said:

When I was at 11th St. in February for work it was bad.  It felt like they hadn't bought a collection since the last time I was there which was a year before when they had some pretty decent stuff.  

Any other Vegas store recommendations? Mostly looking for punk stuff.

3 hours ago, shenanigans said:

Anyone have recommendations for stores in Vegas? Heading there for the weekend. Not planning on spending my vacation time in line, but I would like to go in the afternoon and cross my fingers they have some left of what I'm looking for. Right now trying to decide between 11th street and Zia.

2nd the comment on 11th. I was there a few weeks ago, The owner was super cool but selection was terrible. I didn’t get a chance to hit Zia but I drove by and it was a much larger store

2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Ah sweet I love that shop and forgot there was a second one. That list doesn't make me feel any better about what I want though they got like 3 of the 20+ they ordered for the only two things I want haha.

I was gonna go try out Technique in hopes that the price gouging was a reason Mikey left but My hopes aren't too high. I haven't been there yet cuz fuck Miami.

I still go to radio active despite the craziness because my daughter loves the 10 cent bins out back. Doesnt matter that she has a crosley then.. and extra wait time out front is good character-building.

I also figure they proportionately get more there too then for rsd..

46 minutes ago, Darnoc said:

I still go to radio active despite the craziness because my daughter loves the 10 cent bins out back. Doesnt matter that she has a crosley then.. and extra wait time out front is good character-building.

I also figure they proportionately get more there too then for rsd..

I haven't gone for 2 years but I generally find what I'm looking for so the extra 5 bucks for something is kinda worth it. No black t-shirt this year for that damn line though.

5 hours ago, jhulud said:

Broken link- did you get it from their FB or something?

2 minutes ago, Darnoc said:

On A Separate Note, Laser Wolf's having one of those beer filled record giveaways in ft lauderdale on rsd- perhaps I'll see some of you delinquents there and we can see if that dogfishhead fruity beer can hold its own to local brews

It's not bad. I enjoyed it. I prefer IPAs and Stouts as a generality, but this had a nice, sweet yet tart flavor. 

1 minute ago, andables said:

damn just realized that RSD is the same day as a half marathon i'll be running. looks like i wont be trying for a copy of Sha Sha by Ben Kweller :(

Won't it start at like 6am? Run real fast... straight to the store

Edited by Darnoc

21 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

It's not bad. I enjoyed it. I prefer IPAs and Stouts as a generality, but this had a nice, sweet yet tart flavor. 

I don't normally drink but I thoroughly enjoy coffee stouts. I actually just got into a porter by the company Night Shift Brewing called Awake. It's brewed in Massachusetts (where I live) , so not sure how far out it's distributed but if you get a chance to try it definitely give it a shot. It's aged with coffee and tastes delicious. Four pints for $13 (ABV 6.7%). 

Edited by pizza face

8 minutes ago, pizza face said:

I don't normally drink but I throughly enjoy coffee stouts. I actually just got into a porter by the company Night Shift Brewery called Awake. It's brewed in Massachusetts (where I live) , so not sure how far out it's distributed but if you get a chance to try it definitely give it a shot. It's aged with coffee and tastes delicious. Four pints for $13 (ABV 6.7%). 

Sounds vaguely familiar. I love coffee & stouts (and porters), so I'll def get it if I can. I'm only in Connecticut, so it is not too far away. Narragansett out of RI has a pretty baller coffee stout (seasonally).

Edited by Fowty Dollaz