Record Store Day 2018

1 minute ago, jhulud said:

Hey @Sunshine, let me know if Radio got any of the three Taylor Swift. I may swing by tomorrow or Monday when I get back from Whorelando. If they have any left. But surely they'll be a lot more than the $29.98 they're supposed to be. 

There were more copies of all three TS than anything I wanted and everything I bought was actually MSRP so I think you'll be good snagging at least one of them there for 30. This was the smoothest experience I've had actually which was surprising.

Got everything I wanted, definitely saw some shitty people after me though.  Some douchebag had his mom/aunt hold a spot for him and he came strolling in cutting 50 or so people in line 10 minutes before the store opened.  Then as they go in after me they go for every resell-able item effectively screwing anyone over behind them.  I was too far ahead to call them out and the record store staff was too busy to care (understandably I guess).  They were in a group of 3 and scooped up the only RTJ boxes.  Fuck people

10 minutes ago, Dojo Daniel said:

Got everything I wanted, definitely saw some shitty people after me though.  Some douchebag had his mom/aunt hold a spot for him and he came strolling in cutting 50 or so people in line 10 minutes before the store opened.  Then as they go in after me they go for every resell-able item effectively screwing anyone over behind them.  I was too far ahead to call them out and the record store staff was too busy to care (understandably I guess).  They were in a group of 3 and scooped up the only RTJ boxes.  Fuck people

There’s a special place in hell for those people.

3 minutes ago, riotgirl787 said:

A little morning bump in case anyone is feeling generous!

One of my local stores had the Florence 7" but it was £22 (~$31) - which is taking the piss imo.

Managed to pick up Sigrid, Wolf Alice, The Streets and Courtney Barnett. Should be able to get the rest of my list in the next week or so when things start to go online.

Just now, Skacel said:

One of my local stores had the Florence 7" but it was £22 (~$31) - which is taking the piss imo.

Managed to pick up Sigrid, Wolf Alice, The Streets and Courtney Barnett. Should be able to get the rest of my list in the next week or so when things start to go online.

$31 for a single?!?! Hopefully I can snag one online for far less. Thanks for the heads up!

1 minute ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

Do any f the US stores have the Wire Nine Sevens Box Set?

I was wondering the same thing. One of the only releases I’m interested in.

If any UK people can at least comment on how swiftly these are selling so I know if I may have a chance to snag one online when the sales start I’d appreciate it... though shipping for a box set might be rough. 

2 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

I was wondering the same thing. One of the only releases I’m interested in.

If any UK people can at least comment on how swiftly these are selling so I know if I may have a chance to snag one online when the sales start I’d appreciate it... though shipping for a box set might be rough. 

Same for me please.

Anyone else notice The National is limited to 4000 but stores are only getting like 2-4? Seems weirdly scarce I had to send my girlfriend under everyone to secure the only copy I saw despite being like 15th in line.

If anyone feels like doing me a solid I'm looking for RtJ.  Don't have any favors to give but my past selflessness counts for something right? Haha

1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

Anyone else notice The National is limited to 4000 but stores are only getting like 2-4? Seems weirdly scarce I had to send my girlfriend under everyone to secure the only copy I saw despite being like 15th in line.

If anyone feels like doing me a solid I'm looking for RtJ.  Don't have any favors to give but my past selflessness counts for something right? Haha

I’m just picturing your 2’ tall girlfriend walking through everyone’s legs to get to the front of the line and grab that record.

3 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

It's listed as "RSD First" on the RSD site, so I'm thinking it'll be available after today as well.