Record Store Day 2018

4 minutes ago, axotyl said:

flippers flip on both discogs on ebay. regular stores also sell their overstock for regular prices on both discogs and ebay. why is that so hard for you to get?

By all means, show me where I can snag a copy of this year's National RSD exclusive on eBay for $26.00 or so, and I'll shut right up.  Check the link I posted – eBay is essentially the last place you'd want to check for a "good deal" on RSD exclusives right now.  Not sure why you're struggling to grasp that.  There are plenty of copies being flipped on Discogs, too, you're right.  But for the most part - and from prior years' experience - you're much more likely to find a reasonably priced RSD exclusive on Discogs than eBay.  (Neither of which are preferred to getting lucky with distro overstock.)  This isn't rocket science.

Just now, Derek™ said:

By all means, show me where I can snag a copy of this year's National RSD exclusive on eBay for $26.00 or so, and I'll shut right up.  Check the link I posted – eBay is essentially the last place you'd want to check for a "good deal" on RSD exclusives right now.  Not sure why you're struggling to grasp that.  There are plenty of copies being flipped on Discogs, too, you're right.  But for the most part - and from prior years' experience - you're much more likely to find a reasonably priced RSD exclusive on Discogs than eBay.  (Neither of which are preferred to getting lucky with distro overstock.)  This isn't rocket science.

and from my prior years experience, ive bought plenty of harder to find RSD records for cheap on ebay as well. but whatever man, by all means stay away from ebay. especially in a few hours when stores start putting up their stuff. more opportunity for the rest of us. 

Two hot commodities for this RSD; Arcade Fire's self-titled and The National's Boxer (Live).

Arcade Fire has sold for $43 at the cheapest, up to $70+.

National has sold for $50 at the cheapest, up to $80+.

Both are $20, $25 records.  I'm not arguing that you can't eventually find a deal for these on eBay at some point down the road, but my original statement doesn't go out the window because one person found a "fairly cheap" copy of a Teenage Bottlerocket LP.  That's all I'm saying.  I will be eying eBay and other avenues very closely for the next day or so, but I'm not holding my breath.  For both of our sakes I'd like to be wrong, but I'm only speaking from having played the RSD game for the past 5-6 years.

8 minutes ago, axotyl said:

and from my prior years experience, ive bought plenty of harder to find RSD records for cheap on ebay as well. but whatever man, by all means stay away from ebay. especially in a few hours when stores start putting up their stuff. more opportunity for the rest of us. 

eBay is fine for finding RSD releases, but shopping for RSD releases on eBay on RSD weekend is a terrible idea. Resist the urge and wait a few weeks and the prices will be much more reasonable. 

59 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

P.S. question for the UK folk: Did anyone grab/peep the Mogwai Ten Rapid reissue?

My mate got one bright and early this morning . I picked one up on discogs from someone in Holland after visiting 3 stores looking for it. I’m sure there will be some appearing online when the uk stores put their stock up next week.

2 hours ago, thievesdont said:

I was able to grab a Quicksand for 19 bucks through eBay. Anyone have the tracks ripped? Would love to have those tracks digitally., Epitaph said they won't be available on any digital platforms. 

I will do it sometime this weekend. Funny thing is, the hype sticker says download card included.