Record Store Day 2018

2 hours ago, thischarmingham said:

Just added The Wipers "Live At The Met" which was missing for some reason. We will likely add some Longshot 7"s soon. Going to cut down any orders with excessive copies and we held a few back on top of that.

I'm guessing you don't have any info on it but if you guys hear something about the spice 1 release will you post it?

On 4/20/2018 at 7:30 PM, Healy22 said:

I’ll be on the lookout for you!! :) if anyone can help me out with that Casket Lottery boxset as we aren’t getting any in Canada that would be extremely appreciated. 

Thanks!!!!! I took a peek at my two local stores, neither had it. They didn't have the Mac Demarco release I wanted either. <_< Got Mac thru a friend tho.

These prices on ebay for Sufjan Stevens - Mystery Of Love  are just stupid imo  $70+ or more and the lowest price ones are from sellers with god awful feedback. My last hope seems I guess is bullmoose tomorrow which likely will have small stock too or none. I couldn't get an answer from their vinyl department on twitter, they were kinda clueless.

I'm just going to buy the standard vinyl tomorrow if bullmoose doesn't work out. Honestly had no clue it would be this hard to get with those print numbers.

Edited by bigadadw

5 minutes ago, bigadadw said:

These prices on ebay for Sufjan Stevens - Mystery Of Love  are just stupid imo  $70+ or more and the lowest price ones are from sellers with god awful feedback. My last hope seems I guess is bullmoose tomorrow which likely will have small stock too or none. I couldn't get an answer from their vinyl department on twitter, they were kinda clueless.

I'm just going to buy the standard vinyl tomorrow if bullmoose doesn't work out. Honestly had no clue it would be this hard to get with those print numbers.

As a few others have mentioned, I would say it's in your best interest to just "wait it out".  A 10,000-press is truly massive, and I foresee many copies oozing up through tiny shops and distros in the coming weeks.  As it was debated yesterday, you can maybe find a deal on one with diligent eBay searching, but I personally don't think that'll be the case at any point in the next 48-72 hours.  I haven't been monitoring that one on Discogs but I would add it to your Wantlist there, and keep on eye on available copies in their marketplace.  Bull Moose will be putting up overstock at 7 AM EST.  Turntable Lab and Banquet Records have a listing for it that you can subscribe to, where they'll e-mail you as soon as leftovers are put up.  But above all else, with that large of a run, I really do think you'll see some more sprout up from obscure distros.

well like last year RSD this year I bought 100ish records as gifts for friends and they were all denied and I did not want to screw a mom and pop shop by returning them so ebay is my only option.   do not get mad as this is not an a-hole flipper but a good vinyl guy being good to other vinylers who may have missed out on these.  ill only start the auctions at 2x the retail price to make up for shipping, fees, and supplies.  ill be posting links in the near future once I get it all situated.

Edited by tug

1 minute ago, tug said:

well like last year RSD this year I bought 100ish records as gifts for friends and they were all denied and I did not want to screw a mom and pop shop by returning them so ebay is my only option.   do not get made as this is not an a-hole flipper but a good vinyl guy being good to other vinylers who may have missed out on these.  ill only start the auctions at 2x the retail price to make up for shipping, fees, and supplies.  ill be posting links in the near future once I get it all situated.

Way to be a good vinyler..

2 minutes ago, tug said:

well like last year RSD this year I bought 100ish records as gifts for friends and they were all denied and I did not want to screw a mom and pop shop by returning them so ebay is my only option.   do not get made as this is not an a-hole flipper but a good vinyl guy being good to other vinylers who may have missed out on these.  ill only start the auctions at 2x the retail price to make up for shipping, fees, and supplies.  ill be posting links in the near future once I get it all situated.

tug, youre a great guy. did you get the Used unreleased b-side? i heard there was only 100 made.

5 minutes ago, tug said:

Not a flipper but starting auctions at 2x retail... hmmm

I know that there are a lot of new faces in this thread due to general RSD hype, but it should be noted that absolutely nothing Tug has said on this forum has ever once proven to be true.  His account is typically banned 50% of the time, or more.  The lack of affection from his parent(s) and general poor life decisions have led him to crave attention on message boards, and it's best to just not feed into it.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

I know that there are a lot of new faces in this thread due to general RSD hype, but it should be noted that absolutely nothing Tug has said on this forum has ever once proven to be true.  His account is typically banned 50% of the time, or more.  The lack of affection from his parent(s) and general poor life decisions have led him to crave attention on message boards, and it's best to just not feed into it.

wait... so The Used isnt the greatest rock and roll band of all time?!?

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

You took the words right out of my mouth.