Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dapug

FS: RECORDS (MANY RARE)

Recommended Posts

WOW.

Couple things.

Unless you have proper documentation on your autographs it is unlikely it will increase the items value....in some cases it will actually decrease it as the sleeve is then no longer mint.

 

May want to check discogs on prices as yours seem really high! For example the AAR records:

Sweat 7" you have priced at $25, can easily be bought here for $9: https://www.discogs.com/The-All-American-Rejects-Sweat/release/10758547

Kids in the Street you have at $300, can be bought for $68 https://www.discogs.com/All-American-Rejects-Kids-In-The-Street/release/3784599

 

And as a final note, it is typical to price items on VC for at least 10% lower than discogs or ebay as don't have to pay the fees you would on those sites.  Cheaper for your customers, but some money pocketed for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2018 at 6:51 AM, stl_ben said:

Unless you have proper documentation on your autographs it is unlikely it will increase the items value....in some cases it will actually decrease it as the sleeve is then no longer mint.

I have pictures and meet and greet receipts to verify signatures.

Edited by Dapug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dapug said:

I have pictures and meet and greet receipts to verify signatures.

Point still stands, unless its some one like Bono or Jack White, a signature is not typically going to increase the items value. 

Also did you read the rest of the post about the prices........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dapug said:

Don't be a troll. I have the right to ask what I think is fair according to the rules. 

Not being a troll, trying to give you some honest advice.  You are welcome to price your records wherever you want...just trying to be helpful and offer some suggestions if you realistically want to sell your records.  Best of luck.

And here is a link to your items on discogs to help out:

 

https://www.discogs.com/seller/dapug/profile?sort=price%2Casc

Edited by stl_ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, thedillon said:

Oh. I'm not so interested I just want to make sure none of my friends on these message boards get ripped off!

Cheers and good luck.

Find me anywhere else you can find Tool's Salival for under $200 and Yelawolf's Radioactive for under $400. And Mustard Plug is lower than Discog's lowest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dapug said:

Find me anywhere else you can find Tool's Salival for under $200 and Yelawolf's Radioactive for under $400. And Mustard Plug is lower than Discog's lowest.

Like this one for $37 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F253360169694

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol what is going on here? everyone tells this guy his prices are ridiculous and he sticks to them?

If you don't want to really sell them and just show off your collection, then cool I guess. 

If you want to sell, don't try to rip people off. That Offspring record is $50 on discogs. How could you even think it is reasonable that someone would pay $150??

 

I do have to disagree with above guys though, that autographs will always increase the value of the record. You can find many signed records selling for more on discogs than the non signed counterparts. You just have to find someone who is interested. I collect many signed vinyl, but at reasonable prices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cantkeepmyhandstomyself said:

I  do have to disagree with above guys though, that autographs will always increase the value of the record. You can find many signed records selling for more on discogs than the non signed counterparts. You just have to find someone who is interested. I collect many signed vinyl, but at reasonable prices. 

Edited by Dapug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

All the last sold for that yelawolf on ebay have been for between 120-219 dollars. So you want 2 to 3.5x more than the going rate...  good luck with that...

Last sold on Discogs for $300. Used copies in "Acceptable" condition last sold on Amazon for $396 and there are still more used copies listed at that price on Amazon.

Edited by Dapug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dapug said:

Awww, is this your first time using the electronic bay? 6 day left, 7 watchers...

Oh, yes I have never used ebay.....bwahahahahaha

but fine if you dont want to look at one that hasn't sold yet, lets look at a recent sale:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOOL-SALIVAL-2-LP-RECORD-SET-COLOR-VINYL/282723979530?hash=item41d3a9910a:g:L5gAAOSwWv5aAQaW

$70?!, does that qualify as under $200?

 

But for real ya'll his prices are super awesome, thats why they have all already sold , CONGRATS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stl_ben said:

Oh, yes I have never used ebay.....bwahahahahaha

but fine if you dont want to look at one that hasn't sold yet, lets look at a recent sale:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOOL-SALIVAL-2-LP-RECORD-SET-COLOR-VINYL/282723979530?hash=item41d3a9910a:g:L5gAAOSwWv5aAQaW

$70?!, does that qualify as under $200?

 

But for real ya'll his prices are super awesome, thats why they have all already sold , CONGRATS!

And how about this one that sold LAST WEEK for $150 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253333349405?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2018 at 10:31 PM, Dapug said:

I'm selling some of my most valuable records. Most of these are rare, out of press, and/or autographed.

Lower - Seek Warmer Climes (Limited, White) - $15

Also my favorite:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/580245922

YOU are literally selling this record cheaper on discogs! Durp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dapug said:

OK as I tried to explain before: If that seller sells it for $150 on ebay, then ebay keeps their cut and the seller only gets about $135 (10% less).

So typically sellers here sell it at the 10% less price ($135) as you will pocket the same amount, but the buyers will save as you have cut out the middle man.

But sure if you are firm on that price.....SELL IT ON EBAY! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×