PO Now: Hovvdy - Cranberry

• 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, highfives said:

If anyone is looking for a copy of the clear/cranberry,  I'll let mine go for cost+shipping.  It's unopened and unplayed.  I opened the mailer and it's been sitting here untouched.   I'd rather offer it up to the board than return it.

Because you heard the stream and thought "Ehhhh, I should stop buying records before I hear some songs."?

But yeah, sending you a DM.

• 2 weeks later...

This has been one of my favorite albums this year. Also for those who missed out on the cranberry color in color, but don't want a black variant, the indie retail variant is just "milky clear" which DDW never advertised that I know of

Edited by corey.

• 6 months later...
On 8/20/2018 at 7:48 PM, dantheriver said:

Looks like they signed to Saddle Creek. New 7” single coming in oct according to bull moose (https://www.bullmoose.com/p/27837554/hovvdy-easy-turns-blue). Maybe this is old news but a quick google search of “hovvdy saddle creek” didn’t turn up anything and it’s news to me!

dang, just now seeing this

edit: looks like it's just a collab for a 7" series

Bio:

Taking inspiration from the original concept behind the founding of Saddle Creek, as an attempt to highlight our home city through music and art, we began the Document Series in 2017. Each release featured in the Document Series is comprised of an exclusive record featuring unreleased music from artists outside of the label's roster, along with a specially curated zine created by the artist. The fifth installment in the series comes from Austin, Texas based Hovvdy. Hovvdy (pronounced "howdy") is the writing and recording project of Charlie Martin and Will Taylor. The duo, both primarily drummers, rst met in the fall of 2014 and quickly bonded over a love for quiet music. Within a few weeks, they had combined songs and began recording their rst EP in bedrooms and family homes across Texas. By 2016 the two had committed to each others growth in songwriting and recording, resulting in their debut album Taster, originally released on Sports Day Records and reissued in 2017 by Double Double Whammy. They followed this in 2018 with the release of Cranberry, which dPitchfork described as, "Foggy, warm, and wistful, it sounds like faded time." Hovvdy has found a unique identity in rhythmic, down tempo pop songs that are hopeful, yet melancholy; relatable, yet distinguishable.

Edited by corey.