PO NOW: Amen Dunes - Freedom | Ships 30/03/18

sbr195-amendunes-300_1024x1024.jpg

***Limited Edition Version: Edition of 350 hand-numbered copies, comes with alternate screen-printed wrap around sleeve with photo insert, wax sealed, pressed on Forest Green color vinyl, and available by mail-order only. ONE PER PERSON LIMIT.*** 

NB: 7 dollar mark-up for the limited edition vs. standard black. Here's hoping that alternate sleeve will justify the cost somewhat.

The new single is literally perfect. My first fave track of the year.  Bold choice to ditch the reverb and let that Neil Finn warble shine through. I love it and I hope it pays off.

Edited by armadillo01
Found the Ship date on Bandcamp

19 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

NB: 7 dollar mark-up for the limited edition vs. standard black. Here's hoping that alternate sleeve will justify the cost somewhat.

Not a fan when Sacred Bones does this - the only thing unique about their mail order exclusive is the wraparound sleeve.

$30ppd through them, or you can get the same thing (sans wraparound) for like $21ppd via Amoeba.

2 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Not a fan when Sacred Bones does this - the only thing unique about their mail order exclusive is the wraparound sleeve.

$30ppd through them, or you can get the same thing (sans wraparound) for like $21ppd via Amoeba.

Don't forget the wax seal lol.

30 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

just playing devil's advocate..  but can you imagine how painstakingly annoying, wax sealing like 300 lps is?  

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

Playing devil's advocate or just highlighting how dumb something is? I am torn.

hehe.  one man's advocate is another man's idiocity.  .  or some shit.

I like SB and their wax seals and wrap around sleeves.

Edited by thepunkguy

• 2 months later...

Soooo, Album of the Year (So Far) status aside... I'm torn about the packaging. The wraparound is very basic cardstock. I was honestly hoping for some heavy fabric treatment, like velour or burlap. Serves me right for making a purchasing decision based on hopeful wishes and assumptions.

Then again, the new cover is cheeky in context of the album's OG image and it has Factory Records vibe in terms of the layout and design so I dig it.

Not sure if the big lyrics booklet is also an exclusive of the Deluxe edition but it's appreciated as this is a band you listed for the words as much as the music.

What kind of burns me is realizing the Forest Green is actually out of 2,000 after all. I would have not bought this if I thought it was going to be more common than the 350 they claimed it would be (esp. as I would have been happy with the navy blue from my local store for way less $$$). I guess the other 1,700 are going to be a tour edition? Anyway, nbd but @lethalenforcer you called it I think; it's an overrated gimmick.

7W7lCOX.jpgm8xgsth.jpgKzSG2UJ.jpg0tiU4YB.jpg

15 minutes ago, Andrew_VB said:

the sacred bones limited version is pretty much always an exclusive wrap around sleeve and seal.

i got a copy of the forest green vinyl at my local store.

Pretty much how it always has been. The colored vinyl in the wrap edition is always available at indie stores

4 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

Pretty much how it always has been. The colored vinyl in the wrap edition is always available at indie stores

Pretty sure there have been instances where the color they use with the wraparound was strictly limited to that product and not sold without the wraparound in Indies, etc. I don't recall ever seeing the wraparound's low-run color variant for Lost Themes in stores, for example.

• 4 months later...