Daniel Field - Underwater Hotel - My new album based on Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Hi everyone! You probably remember me spamming the boards a few years ago with a self-indulgent project where I was able to get my album on limited vinyl. Last year I posted here asking to see if anyone was interested in contributing, and I had a chance to chat with a few folks about my music.  

Today I'm really excited to share my new album, Underwater Hotel, an orchestral indie pop/folk song cycle based around and directly responding to Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot [each of the nine songs directly corresponds to one of the songs on YHF - see if you can figure out which]. Mostly home-recorded but with 19 guest musicians, and filled with strings, horns, woodwinds, and lots of layers.  Obviously influenced by Wilco, but also Beulah, Ryan Adams, Hayden, Broken Social Scene - I did my best to make this sound like it could have come out in 2002 or so.

It's available to stream on Bandcamp, plus all streaming sites, and will be available on limited CD (for those of you who still have CD players! 

https://danielfield.bandcamp.com/album/underwater-hotel 

a3905891829_10.jpg