harryq

AMAZON U.S. Vinyl Deals & More Thread

On 1/7/2018 at 6:57 PM, kylet said:

Thanks! Grabbed that copy of the Grinch. Hopefully it's in good shape. 

I already own this:
https://www.discogs.com/Dr-Seuss-How-The-Grinch-Stole-Christmas/release/5133102

And the one I just bought is this:
https://www.discogs.com/Dr-Seuss-How-The-Grinch-Stole-Christmas/release/7594281

I tried comparing them on discogs, but I'm not really sure the difference. Either way, for $10 bucks I'll pick it up. 

I got the Grinch record. This is the first time I bought a "used liked new" record from the warehouse, but it's beat to shit. Looks like it got stuck on a conveyor belt or something. It has an indent every inch or so across the entire jacket, and towards the top the plastic wrap is torn and there's a good sized black scuff on the jacket. I assume it's a case by case thing, but have you guys had better luck with the "used like new" warehouse deals. This sort of scared me from trying that again.

The good news is I called amazon and they gave me a refund and let me keep the record. 

31 minutes ago, kylet said:

I got the Grinch record. This is the first time I bought a "used liked new" record from the warehouse, but it's beat to shit. Looks like it got stuck on a conveyor belt or something. It has an indent every inch or so across the entire jacket, and towards the top the plastic wrap is torn and there's a good sized black scuff on the jacket. I assume it's a case by case thing, but have you guys had better luck with the "used like new" warehouse deals. This sort of scared me from trying that again.

The good news is I called amazon and they gave me a refund and let me keep the record. 

My last "Used- Like New" was literally just "New."

3 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

My last "Used- Like New" was literally just "New."

Ditto

Most of mine have been like that. Even sealed in original shrink with hype stickers. A few of the others have been basically NM but not perfectly flat records. So I'm guessing they skipped like crazy on someone's Crosley.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

15 hours ago, kylet said:

My copy of Roger Waters's latest was a deal like that...said it might be missing content like download codes or what not....it was UNshrinked, has a warehouse sticker on the sleeve, but came with the code, and the rest is picture perfect.

Let's see what my Blue Pills LP looks like when it arrives tomorrow.

Strange all the warehouse deals I've ordered have been come brand new, I can stop posting these since there have been issues with amazon gradings.

The Shins, Oh, Inverted World - $8.68 - Used Very Good or $9.98 normal prime

Phantogram - Three - $10.82 - Used Very Good

Sleater-Kinney - Live in Paris - $7.40 - Used Acceptable

Ed Sheeran - Live At the Bedford - $11.58 - Used Like New

Have Mercy - The Earth Pushed Back - $7.08 - Used Very Good

Bad Books - II - $10.11 - Used Very Good

Bowling for Soup - Fishin' For Woos - $10.82 - Used Like New

Alt J - Relaxer - $10.68 - Used Very Good

Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll - $11.09 - Used Very Good

Mariah Carrey - Merry Christmas Deluxe - $8.66 - Used Very Good

Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism - $14.89 - Used Like New

Edited by tlr

43 minutes ago, tlr said:

Strange all the warehouse deals I've ordered have been come brand new, I can stop posting these since there have been issues with amazon gradings.

The Shins, Oh, Inverted World - $8.68 - Used Very Good or $9.98 normal prime

Phantogram - Three - $10.82 - Used Very Good

Sleater-Kinney - Live in Paris - $7.40 - Used Acceptable

Ed Sheeran - Live At the Bedford - $11.58 - Used Like New

Have Mercy - The Earth Pushed Back - $7.08 - Used Very Good

Bad Books - II - $10.11 - Used Very Good

Bowling for Soup - Fishin' For Woos - $10.82 - Used Like New

Alt J - Relaxer - $10.68 - Used Very Good

Fall Out Boy - Save Rock and Roll - $11.09 - Used Very Good

Mariah Carrey - Merry Christmas Deluxe - $8.66 - Used Very Good

Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism - $14.89 - Used Like New

I very much appreciate you posting these. I've snagged half a dozen records in great condition for like 50-70% off.

Besides, if you get one that's in bad condition the worst you have to do is bring it back to the post office.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

22 hours ago, hype said:

Yeah, buying from the Warehouse is always a bit of a risk no matter the grading but with the easy returns or them just letting me keep it along with the ridiculously low prices I am more then happy taking some chances here and there.

Last time I bought a warehouse deal it was Deja Entendu for like $15. It got here and I opened it up and it was a Lumineer's record. I called them for a replacement and they informed me that warehouse deals (even though its amazon) is considered a 3rd party so they would only refund me and not replace it. By that time the price had gone back up to $30. Haven't risked it again since, but I did get a free record I just wish it was something I wanted at least haha.

2 hours ago, Little Shop of Gore said:

Last time I bought a warehouse deal it was Deja Entendu for like $15. It got here and I opened it up and it was a Lumineer's record. I called them for a replacement and they informed me that warehouse deals (even though its amazon) is considered a 3rd party so they would only refund me and not replace it. By that time the price had gone back up to $30. Haven't risked it again since, but I did get a free record I just wish it was something I wanted at least haha.

Yeah, that's frustrating when that happens and then the actual price on the new copies go up as well. One thing I learned is to not try and just save a dollar or two by getting a warehouse copy because it is always a question mark as far as both condition and how they ship it. At least with new records it seems like 95% of the time they put them in actual lp mailers now but with warehouse deals they can be sent in as many ways as the imagination of the warehouse worker packing it haha. I don't buy anything unless it is at least 30-40% minimum and that also helps me chill on buying shit as well. One last thing I try to stay away from as well is ordering heavy stuff the same time as ordering something breakable from the warehouse because they love to put the record on the bottom of the box and then set the heavy item on top like the huge bottle of tide pods I got yesterday along with a completely destroyed album underneath. 

17 minutes ago, hype said:

Yeah, that's frustrating when that happens and then the actual price on the new copies go up as well. One thing I learned is to not try and just save a dollar or two by getting a warehouse copy because it is always a question mark as far as both condition and how they ship it. At least with new records it seems like 95% of the time they put them in actual lp mailers now but with warehouse deals they can be sent in as many ways as the imagination of the warehouse worker packing it haha. I don't buy anything unless it is at least 30-40% minimum and that also helps me chill on buying shit as well. One last thing I try to stay away from as well is ordering heavy stuff the same time as ordering something breakable from the warehouse because they love to put the record on the bottom of the box and then set the heavy item on top like the huge bottle of tide pods I got yesterday along with a completely destroyed album underneath. 

Training for the Tide Pod Challenge, right?  

3 hours ago, DarrenMcCall said:

Beastie Boys - Licensed To Ill (30th Anniversary Edition) @ $14.19
Price drop to new low!
Highest: $32.99
Average: $23.30
http://dealsonvinyl.com/amazon/B01I23QZ7I

Done!  Been waiting for any of their stuff to drop below 20.

6 hours ago, tlr said:

Thanks for posting this.  Took a chance on that Gin Blossom's record.  Hoping it's in decent condition