harryq

AMAZON U.S. Vinyl Deals & More Thread

When returning, it also depends on whether Amazon was selling the item or if it was being sold by a third party. I've bought third-party before and they've asked me to return it. I've also bought third party and they sent the wrong item; I requested a refund and they just ignored me, so Amazon reimbursed me. Just last week a third-party seller sent me a warped record and they sent me a replacement (still on its way) with no questions asked, no return needed. It's really hit or miss with third party sellers.

I bought a record from Amazon that was dated from 2014, meaning it would have been a certain colored pressing. They sent me a 2016 repress, standard black. I so little as mentioned that they listed the item wrong and they refunded me. I didn't even ask for a refund. Amazon seems to be pretty good with this stuff, Bummer some of y'all haven't had the same luck.

Has anyone ever ordered a record from Warehouse in "Acceptable" condition? It says it may be missing shrink wrap and download codes (which I'm fine with), but also have significant cosmetic damage to its cover. Is this generally accurate of "acceptable" records to Amazon's standards? Will it still play flawlessly?

Edited by MyckelJay

1 minute ago, MyckelJay said:

Has anyone ever ordered a record from Warehouse in "Acceptable" condition? It says it may be missing shrink wrap download codes (which I'm fine with), but also have significant cosmetic damage to its cover. Is this generally accurate of "acceptable" records to Amazon's standards? Will it still play flawlessly?

I have never been so bold.

5 minutes ago, Jnaught said:

Got the CD last time too and the listing was exactly the same as it is now. 

Welp. At least now I know to chat with a person rather than try and return. 
One time I got a warehouse deal for a !!! record, it was a double LP that came with only one record, and trying to return it seemed like a big hassle for what was a 'deal' of $4.75, so I just called it a loss. I'm a bit of a lazy guy so 'big hassle' means printing out return stickers and filling out forms. If it's a CD I hope they just tell me to keep the CD and refund it.

1 hour ago, MyckelJay said:

Has anyone ever ordered a record from Warehouse in "Acceptable" condition? It says it may be missing shrink wrap and download codes (which I'm fine with), but also have significant cosmetic damage to its cover. Is this generally accurate of "acceptable" records to Amazon's standards? Will it still play flawlessly?

This is as close as I ever got...

Delivered Sep 25, 2017
Your package was left near the front door or porch.

61D4z2aAWcL._SY90_.jpg
Roger Waters
Sold by: Warehouse Deals, Inc
Return window closed on Oct 24, 2017
$19.85
Condition: Used - Very Good - Missing shrink-wrap, activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Small mark on disk.
Buy it again

It was just missing the shrink. The rest was perfect. Including download code.

1 hour ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Welp. At least now I know to chat with a person rather than try and return. 
One time I got a warehouse deal for a !!! record, it was a double LP that came with only one record, and trying to return it seemed like a big hassle for what was a 'deal' of $4.75, so I just called it a loss. I'm a bit of a lazy guy so 'big hassle' means printing out return stickers and filling out forms. If it's a CD I hope they just tell me to keep the CD and refund it.

I once had an LP shipped to the wrong address...Fed Ex dropped it off at  a nearby place. Amazon guy was no help getting this rectified. 

Said he couldn't get through to Fed Ex yadda yadda yadda... I called them while chatting with him, found out PRECISELY where it was and got Fed Ex to sort it out for me (ended up going over there to pick it up from the front desk) and I asked the guy, ok, what will you do to help me out here?

I was annoyed because he wasn't ya k now...DOING anything...and he offered a full refund. Another one, I had bad seams and he offered me a new copy and keep the old...I told him no, I already have it, and then he offered a refund.

I'm not one to piss and moan but if you offer me a refund, I'm going to say thank you.

9 hours ago, MyckelJay said:

Acceptable would be acceptable if headaches were acceptable.

Tried once never again. Waste of time...

20 hours ago, MyckelJay said:

I have honestly bought dozens of 'Acceptable' condition LP's from Amazon Warehouse.  Truly, some have been brand new and perfect.  A couple of them were cracked or scratched but were easily returned.   Most of them, truly, just seemed to be opened and resealed - I had the sense they might have been returns from customers for one reason or another.  A common trait seems to be that tape was used to seal the open LP side shut, either by the original customer or by the warehouse, so the tape has to be carefully heated and removed to prevent tearing the cover.  In general, I have been quite pleased, but I only buy when I can get a good 30% or so off the best Amazon Prime price for a new one.

48 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Shit. I read the description and it said 45...

If it's the MVD version, it should be 45. But if it's the Ryko, then it will be the 33.

I got a mvd 45 press about two weeks ago frim amazon, was priced about the same. 

1 minute ago, KingTacoMunster said:

man, remember when this thread posted deals...

But what would the thousands of people who check this thread do if they weren't getting daily updates on people receiving their mail as expected?  Thread would be downright uncluttered, and that's just not acceptable.