harryq

AMAZON U.S. Vinyl Deals & More Thread

2 hours ago, joshtank said:

good move on that Hirs. buy from the label tho!

Normally a big fan of buying from the labels, but this was a classic case of 'Wasn't planning on buying at all,  can't pass up for that price.'  The flip side of buying on Amazon is that they might get a discount to purchase the stock, but it's a guaranteed bulk order for the band/label regardless of what sells.  

We'll see how my infant daughter takes to grindcore.  

15 minutes ago, DrEvermor said:

Normally a big fan of buying from the labels, but this was a classic case of 'Wasn't planning on buying at all,  can't pass up for that price.'  The flip side of buying on Amazon is that they might get a discount to purchase the stock, but it's a guaranteed bulk order for the band/label regardless of what sells.  

what Hirs album?

1 minute ago, KingTacoMunster said:

what Hirs album?

There was a pre-order for 'Friends.Lovers.Favorites'  I'd posted about a bit ago.  Amazon posted the cassette ASIN labelled as vinyl, then changed it after a people had ordered.  I complained, they honored the price.  

On 2/28/2018 at 10:28 AM, DrEvermor said:

I started my daughter on extreme metal at a very early age...when she was about 2.5...she asked me to play the orange metal album....

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F43b352

Just now, Fowty Dollaz said:

Wow! Great deal! Bought in a hurry.

My direct deposit JUST hit my account and not 10 minutes ago I said to myself "Ok, no records this week." No financial necessity or anything, just figured I should chill. 

So obviously I grabbed this awesome deal immediately.

1 minute ago, whosnotwo said:

Hey, i noticed your website hasn't been pulling all the deals.  For example, it didn't have that New Order record yesterday.  Is something wrong with it?

Great question... I have a large number of items that I monitor, but I don't have the entire Amazon catalog. If there is anything missing, I try to add it to the database.

I'll add the New Order record shortly. Anything else missing?

58 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Damn... Been waiting for this for two months already... Fuck pic discs...

It's not the picture disc, it's this release: https://www.discogs.com/Michael-Jackson-Thriller/release/8498825

I know some of the reviews mention the picture disc, but the reviews are mixed. You can see those same reviews on the page for the picture disc: https://www.amazon.com/Thriller-Michael-Jackson/dp/B001DUKHXQ/

Yeah a lot of the time Amazon reviews are a mess of every version ever sold through the site. I was trying to figure out what pressing of In Utero they had recently and if it was any good. I was getting reviews from like 99-2001 of people reviewing the CD like "People only like this because he killed himself. I listen to real music like Linkin Park" and shit.

22 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

My direct deposit JUST hit my account and not 10 minutes ago I said to myself "Ok, no records this week." No financial necessity or anything, just figured I should chill. 

So obviously I grabbed this awesome deal immediately.

This just shipped for me. Dope.

On 3/2/2018 at 10:36 AM, DealsOnVinyl said:

Great question... I have a large number of items that I monitor, but I don't have the entire Amazon catalog. If there is anything missing, I try to add it to the database.

I'll add the New Order record shortly. Anything else missing?

Yes, add more jazz, reggae/dub, and electronic music.

Your website is cool and all, but listing the same 150 titles gets old pretty quick. Amazon has so many titles, if your site would list 1000 to 1500 albums, it would be more useful.

Edited by zdkaiser