harryq

AMAZON U.S. Vinyl Deals & More Thread

9 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

Yes, add more jazz, reggae/dub, and electronic music.

Your website is cool and all, but listing the same 150 titles gets old pretty quick. Amazon has so many titles, if your site would list 1000 to 1500 albums, it would be more useful.

Those are genres I'm not very familiar with, so I'm most likely missing some there. What are some artists/bands I should be watching?

The website monitors a large amount of vinyl, it only lists what's currently on sale.

3 minutes ago, Prestonlanes said:

I think what you’re doing is great.  Personally I’d be interested in some Jazz as well.  I’m always on the look out for good deals on Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Sun Ra, Pharoah Sanders, Eric Dolphy, Alice Coltrane, McCoy Tyner

track the good presses not shitty euro ones though please.

24 minutes ago, Prestonlanes said:

I think what you’re doing is great.  Personally I’d be interested in some Jazz as well.  I’m always on the look out for good deals on Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Sun Ra, Pharoah Sanders, Eric Dolphy, Alice Coltrane, McCoy Tyner

I agree, thank you for your hard work.  In addition to these, also Thelonious Monk, Joe Henderson, Donald Byrd, Lee Morgan, Hank Mobley, Jimmy Smith, Tina Brooks.  

And Grateful Dead if you don't already have them :)

As far as dub reggae, King Tubby, Scientist, Lee Scratch Perry, the Upsetters, etc.

Jazz, per above, Miles, Coltrane, Bill Evans, Ahmad Jamal, Thelonius Monk. Most anything on Blue Note, Riverside, or Prestige Records.

Electronic, anything on Ghostly International Records, Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin, Burial, Four Tet, Jon Hopkins.  Also love for Nils Frahm releases to be added here.

2 hours ago, DealsOnVinyl said:

Those are genres I'm not very familiar with, so I'm most likely missing some there. What are some artists/bands I should be watching?

The website monitors a large amount of vinyl, it only lists what's currently on sale.

As far as Jazz goes, you're pretty safe with anything off Impulse, Verve, ECM, Actuel, but individual artists Sonny Sharrock, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Chet Baker, Grant Green, Archie Shepp, Marion Brown, Don Cherry,  Mingus, Sun Ra, Coltrane, Keith Jarrett, Yusef Lateef are all safe bets

Edited by aopps42

On 2/16/2018 at 12:28 PM, Pupples said:

I'm sorry, I fucked up the formatting here. Not sure why, but it's not letting me delete the accidental quote on mobile and you can't delete posts anymore. 

Anyways here's the reissue of U2's Wide Awake In America already down to ~$12 - http://amzn.to/2D5IQbC

Edited by aju2streets

18 minutes ago, aju2streets said:

Sorry, fucked up the formatting on my phone and it wasn't letting me delete the quote or my post. 

If you reload the thread when this happens  it should give you an option to "clear editor" which will delete the quote.