Jump to content
harryq

AMAZON U.S. Vinyl Deals & More Thread

Recommended Posts

I sent them a return using their mailer. Dude at UPS was like "Uhh...you sure you want to send this like this?" I juat said "Thats how i got it. Thats how theyll get it back."

 

I've never actually had a problem with them though. Except when they're in that mailer and then the mailer is put inside a box that would fit 20 of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rhcp02 said:

Yeah this doesn’t deserve exclamation points. Let alone 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use those Amazon style mailers when I sell records and they're pretty sturdy, especially after I add some extra cardboard squares. Over the years, I've had much more damage from the standard square mailers (crushed corners, full on bends/snaps, and punctures) than these. Also, Amazon does definitely do a poor job of setting the adhesive backing, as I can often just peel the flap back due to poor adhesive. You need to press the flap down for a few seconds and let the adhesive set and it will work as intended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ChasHawk said:

AlI got one of these inside a bigger prime box last week, and it was just and bent, and the goldfinger record I bought was just as broken.

 

It was as if they bent it before they put it in the damn box.

Same thing happened to me last year with a funko pop ordered from amazon. Came in a huge box that was in perfect shape, pop inside looked like it had thrown from the 50th floor. 

 

Macho Man always likes to call people out when they complain about these mailers, but he lives in Portland so he probably has an amazon facility within walking distance. I don’t even think there’s more than one in my whole state. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kylet said:

How is this? Seems kinda gimmicky, but I'm a sucker for a good Christmas album. At that price I'll probably just take a chance. 

It's actually pretty good to me, it is kinda gimmicky with the song with Blake Shelton, but she has a good voice and even has a few originals on there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Same thing happened to me last year with a funko pop ordered from amazon. Came in a huge box that was in perfect shape, pop inside looked like it had thrown from the 50th floor. 

 

Macho Man always likes to call people out when they complain about these mailers, but he lives in Portland so he probably has an amazon facility within walking distance. I don’t even think there’s more than one in my whole state. 

I've never though about it, but I may have one pretty nearby.

 

Seems like most of my amazon packages ship from like...Virginia though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I've never though about it, but I may have one pretty nearby.

 

Seems like most of my amazon packages ship from like...Virginia though.

There are two or three facilities in Portland. Hell, youre close enough to Seattle that you may get an Amazon employee-less grocery store or whatever lol. 

 

Mine usually come from Wisconsin, even tho Louisville is a decently sized Amazon hub and an hour away. Everything about how that company operates makes zero fucking sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Battra said:

You must be younger than 40.

 

When I was in 5th grade...Bon Jovi was the shyz-NYTE!

I am, but in my defense (?), I grew up pretty trashy and poor. Bon Jovi was a favorite of my parents, much like hotdogs, green bean casserole, and hamburger helper. I think it was overdone a bit in my youth. I don't care for any of those things now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I am, but in my defense (?), I grew up pretty trashy and poor. Bon Jovi was a favorite of my parents, much like hotdogs, green bean casserole, and hamburger helper. I think it was overdone a bit in my youth. I don't care for any of those things now.

Haha.

 

I have a nostalgic soft spot for the Bon Jovi Sweet Spot...Slippery/New Jersey...the rest of it? Meh....who gives two shits...though I did see Steve Vai opening up for the Jovi boys.

 

As for the rest....those were all giant staples of my youth as well. I had to give up hot dogs for about 15 years before I could eat them again. The secret is Nathan's Franks. If your hot dogs aren't those, then don't even bother unless you've got a minimum of four condiments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Battra said:

Haha.

 

I have a nostalgic soft spot for the Bon Jovi Sweet Spot...Slippery/New Jersey...the rest of it? Meh....who gives two shits...though I did see Steve Vai opening up for the Jovi boys.

 

As for the rest....those were all giant staples of my youth as well. I had to give up hot dogs for about 15 years before I could eat them again. The secret is Nathan's Franks. If your hot dogs aren't those, then don't even bother unless you've got a minimum of four condiments.

Hebrew Nationals though!

 

5 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Everything about how that company operates makes zero fucking sense. 

Fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×