harryq

AMAZON U.S. Vinyl Deals & More Thread

3 minutes ago, floyd_z said:

Don't you guys get a minimum of 6 weeks paid leave/holiday too?  In the States you're lucky to get a week.

I think it's Hannibal Buress who has a bit about meeting someone from Australia who is traveling through the whole US. When he asks what he does for a living he says "I take pictures at an aquarium"

"In America if you work at the aquarium you go on vacation to the aquarium"

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

15 hours ago, floyd_z said:

Don't you guys get a minimum of 6 weeks paid leave/holiday too?  In the States you're lucky to get a week.

It’s 4 weeks if you’re a full time worker. Plus 8 or 10 sick/personal leave days. And they both accrue year over year. 

After 7 years, you start to accrue long service leave, which starts at 10 weeks. It goes up by 1.3 weeks a year. If you quit before 10 years, you get paid out that amount. After 10 years, you can then take it as leave (13 weeks), or get it paid out. Or just let it continue to build up.

I quit my long term job this year and got paid out 720 hours of leave. Sadly they don’t pay out your sick leave balance, or it would have been closer to 1300 hours leave. 

Has anyone heard Opeth's Deliverance & Damnation Remixed on vinyl? I'm seeing allot of mixed reviews on the audio quality on Amazon. Just got confirmation on delivery and feeling a bit of buyer's remorse. Not that I have much choice in the matter since these are cheaper than buying the Koch Records or MOV pressings.

Has anyone heard the remixes? I own both CDs and are awesome but never got the vinyl when it came out.

On 6/22/2018 at 4:19 PM, VinylMario said:

61N38g6x5kL._SY400_.jpg

Death Symbolic
LP (12" album, 33 rpm)

$13.72 Prime OOS

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MOG5F7Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_5mylBb63T3HQD

Wow! These Symbolics are the white vinyl! They are still @ $13.72!  Was really surprised today when I received this in the mail... Composing myself...