harryq

AMAZON U.S. Vinyl Deals & More Thread

On 8/17/2018 at 5:02 PM, SandwichRecords said:

Kanye West - Dark Twisted Fantasy arrived that I ordered for $17 a while back. Really nice packaging and pressing, but it was shipped in a large box with zero inner packaging. The corners are banged up, there's a big crease across one, and that's what I get for buying a Kanye West album. 

This type of shipping with Amazon was frequent a couple years ago, but I've been spoiled lately with inner mailers, bubble wrap, and packing paper.

First time poster here. Same thing happened to me with the same album! WTF? And usually I can't believe how many trees they kill to ship me one album. I've never had an issue before.  The corners are banged to hell. First I was just gonna deal with it but then I was like "f**k this," and called them and asked for a replacement. They asked me to return the original one and I was like "and pack it in what?" She said "just affix the return label to it it and send it back the way you got it". I mean come on. I'll just wait til I get the new one and return the old one in that packaging...

35 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I got a pretty good deal on toilet paper from Target. USPS lost it, Target sent me more. Got both packages on the same day.

Did you have to sit on the toilet until it got there? I hate when that happens. That's why I keep snacks and a nice soft pillow in the bathroom. Just in case.

18 hours ago, VinylMario said:

This should explain why we haven't seen any good deals lately. Amazon has caught on to the "deal finders" like deals on vinyl.

It used to be so easy to sell on amazon. I called the other day to reinstate my seller account. Things have definitely changed, they make you jump through hoops to get  a seller account now.

Edited by B-dosia

7 hours ago, B-dosia said:

It used to be so easy to sell on amazon. I called the other day to reinstate my seller account. Things have definitely changed, they make you jump through hoops to get  a seller account now.

How so? I've had no issues at all getting or maintaining my seller account. When they switched to the new system, all I needed to do was give them a credit card, which amazon already had anyway. 

I had an Amazon seller account years ago but closed it because sales were too infrequent. I tried reapplying earlier this year and, in order to list items in the music category, they required an invoice from a distributor for at least 10 items to prove I was an actual seller. I'm just a dude who buys too much vinyl and then resells whatever I don't want to keep, so I should have been immediately disqualified based on that requirement, BUT luckily I had an eBay invoice for a huge order I placed from importCDs. So, I sent that and they still rejected me. :huh: I appealed once and got rejected again, so I gave up.

1 hour ago, SeanPuffy said:

Fishbone - The Reality of My Surroundings $15.19

https://amzn.to/2BZZjCW

pretty sure this is the green 45 rpm 2xLP even though it says 33 rpm

I seen Fishbone open up for Pantera during this album. I'll take this for nostalgic purposes. Thx!