harryq

AMAZON U.S. Vinyl Deals & More Thread

3 hours ago, anchorclose said:

I opened an Amazon credit card to get the $70 gift card they constantly promote, and put it towards this thing. Getting this box set for ~$50 after tax feels like a huge win

Smart. I ended up getting it for close to $80. It's really solid. In retrospect, it's worth $150. So good I almost ordered the CD too. Almost.

On 1/26/2019 at 10:19 AM, Barelz said:

My order is still up, so no cancellation yet.

Amazon.ca deal I posted this morning on Reddit, and it seems most folks from the US and elsewhere are able to order.

Grateful Dead - Spring 1990 - So Glad You Made It 4LP Box $40.59 CDN [works out to under $40US shipped]

Seems to be a possible pricing error - goes for about $100 elsewhere and on Amazon.com 

Anybody have any luck with this yet?  Mine just says "We need more time to provide a delivery estimate."  Hope this comes through.  

Edited by beagiesmalls
Clarity

On 1/24/2019 at 11:42 AM, Sidney Crosley said:

Amazon.ca deal I posted this morning on Reddit, and it seems most folks from the US and elsewhere are able to order.

Grateful Dead - Spring 1990 - So Glad You Made It 4LP Box $40.59 CDN [works out to under $40US shipped]

Seems to be a possible pricing error - goes for about $100 elsewhere and on Amazon.com 

Order cancelled....

8 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Does this/past pressings sound bad? I thought I'd heard rumblings of that on this forum (maybe from @Rezqua?)

9 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

Does this/past pressings sound bad? I thought I'd heard rumblings of that on this forum (maybe from @Rezqua?)

I ordered it from Amazon at the end of 2017 and this is the variant I received. It doesn't look like there are any newer pressings, but a couple around the same time as the starburst. I didn't notice anything bad about the sound quality. 

16 minutes ago, Sanspants said:

I ordered it from Amazon at the end of 2017 and this is the variant I received. It doesn't look like there are any newer pressings, but a couple around the same time as the starburst. I didn't notice anything bad about the sound quality. 

Sweet, good news then!

33 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Sweet, good news then!

Bought this last year when it was about a dollar less. This is the red/blue starburst. Looks like Amazon had been trying to rid of this for a couple years. Didn't sound too bad. Bought because it has my favorite PTW album on it, "Tear From The Red." I usually only listen to that half, but audio quality is not bad at all.