AMAZON U.S. Vinyl Deals & More Thread

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus f'ing Christ.   I cannot imagine being so miserable that you'd bitch about someone trying to save you money.

Well that's just what I needed.

I say we just combine every thread that’s ever been made into one.

8 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

Anyone who has ordered since covid, have you actually gotten the records  in a proper mailer.

90 percent of what I have gotten is just placed in a giant box and comes trashed so I just return

same. record damaged in a giant box with a few air pillow/cushions thrown in there. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

Anyone who has ordered since covid, have you actually gotten the records  in a proper mailer.

90 percent of what I have gotten is just placed in a giant box and comes trashed so I just return

I've gotten at least 6 or so records since then from amazon and all have come in a proper mailer like usual with most inside a bigger box as well. 

But Warehouse buys are nearly the exact opposite and a complete tossup no matter the listed condition. Most of these get returned so I stopped buying for the most part used as it's not worth the hassle right now.

Edited by hype
21 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

It’s been all over the place for me. Just got two of the new Prince reissues today and they we’re both in separate record mailers inside a larger box. But I’ve had a few orders just tossed in a big box with one bubble wrap. 

8 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

i've only ordered 3 records during this time, but they've all been in proper packaging. i probably got more improper packaging in the years prior to covid. a lot of it depends on which warehouse they are coming from.

17 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

Most of mine have been fine.  Those super thin mailers seem to be fine.  A few records thrown in a box with air cushions, which doesn't really bother me.

I kinda had a splurge moment and decided to buy Nils Frahm - Spaces.  A really pretty double album with prints, die cut sleeves, etc from Erased Tapes.  It arrived in a 10"x8.5"x12" box.   Now, you may be asking yourself, "how do you fit a double album in a 10x8.5x12" box?"  Diagonally of course!  Still won't fit all the way?  Just shove it in there.  No need for any air bubbles or anything sinse the record is wedged in there nice and tight.   Needless to say it was thrashed.  The force of someone shoving into that tiny box actually damaged the box.  I was a little annoyed, kinda pissed, but moreso just kind of sad.  I contacted Amazon via chat and they made it right.  Let me keep the record, full refund +$5 credit.   They said it was filled by a third party, not sure who.

Posted (edited)

I've had three records come in from Amazon damaged since the COVID began. Just the outer sleeves, but still.

One was in a bubble envelope with no other protection. Usually the packaging is total overkill (mailer in a big box with bubbles, as other have noted), buit they really started skimping on it. 

Edited by mitchard