harryq

AMAZON U.S. Vinyl Deals & More Thread

Keith Richards 'Talk is Cheap' $6.59

https://www.amazon.com/Cheap-Black-Vinyl-Keith-Richards/dp/B07MM657CN/

Sort Amazon vinyl from $7-$10 and it looks like there's a ton of decent stuff that's just been discounted. Game of Thrones OST $7. Circa Waves - What's it Like over there $7. AFI - The Missing Man $7. BB King - Blues in my heart $9.

5 hours ago, VinylSteals said:

Yes! Great album and for $7, everyone shouldn't even be thinking about the Green Day album.

I bought the deluxe edition for $47 (currently $55) a few weeks back and the thing is massive. I think it retails for $170 (Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc, etc)!  Only complaint is that the pressure of the box caused the record to warp slightly.  

Talk Is Cheap Deluxe Edition [Box Set] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MJLVPRN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_w-e3Eb2T8NNQ9

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

God forbid they started to use packaging to ship necessities during a pandemic instead of records.  The audacity of those assholes.

One of the reasons Amazon is “fire sale-ing” all these LPs and box sets is to make room for those necessities, so.....

Edited by Plarocks

On 6/7/2020 at 11:34 AM, Plarocks said:

One of the reasons Amazon is “fire sale-ing” all these LPs and box sets is to make room for those necessities, so.....

Also, not sure how valuable LP mailers are to the cause. I suppose you could cram a dozen or so masks in one. [shrug]

On 6/6/2020 at 3:23 PM, ZeroNowhere said:

God forbid they started to use packaging to ship necessities during a pandemic instead of records.  The audacity of those assholes.

Maybe "skimping" wasn't the right word to use.  I agree, records are luxury items, and absolutely unnecessary during this time when it comes down to it.

14 hours ago, mitchard said:

Maybe "skimping" wasn't the right word to use.  I agree, records are luxury items, and absolutely unnecessary during this time when it comes down to it.

I would politely disagree.

Being quarantined in your home with a bunch of excellent records works wonders on some of our mental health.  👍🏻

Pet Sounds (Beach Boys) is hovering around its Amazon price point nadir, according to camel x3, but the very nice 69¢ coupon you can activate before purchase drops it down to $16.66.

Might need Prime? I'm not sure because I've always done been had Prime, so life pre-Prime is a fog. Although I do remember when Amazon just sold books.

Got my first Amazon record delivery with no box, just a shipping sticker slapped on the shrinkwrap. ☹️
To be fair this is the first time it's happened in years of buying stuff from them, but... it defies all logic. How can ANYONE think it'll arrive fine that way? Much less a warehouse guy who's job it is to ship these safely?

It's just a Weezer record I bought on a whim so I'm glad it's not anything valuable.

5 minutes ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Got my first Amazon record delivery with no box, just a shipping sticker slapped on the shrinkwrap. ☹️
To be fair this is the first time it's happened in years of buying stuff from them, but... it defies all logic. How can ANYONE think it'll arrive fine that way? Much less a warehouse guy who's job it is to ship these safely?

It's just a Weezer record I bought on a whim so I'm glad it's not anything valuable.

jw was it a new record or a Warehouse buy? I haven't got one like that new but i've gotten a few used, it's like they just dgaf about anything from the Warehouse most of the time and especially lately.

59 minutes ago, hype said:

jw was it a new record or a Warehouse buy? I haven't got one like that new but i've gotten a few used, it's like they just dgaf about anything from the Warehouse most of the time and especially lately.

New and sealed.

I bought one Japandroids years ago as a warehouse buy, unsealed, and they slapped a big circular Amazon Warehouse sticker at the center of the opening to the jacket,  like wrapped from front to back. You could knife the sticker so you could actually open the jacket OR attempt to peel it off and ruin the jacket. Never bought a warehouse record again.

4 hours ago, HoneyFrosted said:

New and sealed.

I bought one Japandroids years ago as a warehouse buy, unsealed, and they slapped a big circular Amazon Warehouse sticker at the center of the opening to the jacket,  like wrapped from front to back. You could knife the sticker so you could actually open the jacket OR attempt to peel it off and ruin the jacket. Never bought a warehouse record again.

ahh damn, well at least it should be an easy exchange but I feel you on the Warehouse buys it's 100% a complete gamble no matter what the condition says. I've gotten a few crazy deals out of it but it's def. not worth trying to save a dollar or two at all.

I actually got my first ever "porcupine  record" last year where they threw a record in a 2 foot box with no protection and by the time I opened it the actual vinyl was not only broke into 3 pieces but one of the pieces actually was poking out of the cover 😱

Another note on Amazon: I picked up the 3 for 2 deal on Monday as well. When I checked out, there was a note in the "select shipping date" area that said something along the lines of "This item is shipping in clear packaging. If it's a gift, please select Amazon packaging." Then, there was an option to ship in Amazon packaging or gift wrap or something. It came unprotected in a big Amazon box, which is better than what would have probably been a shipping label on the shrink-wrap. The other two came in separate LP mailers combined in one big Amazon box, lol.

Posted (edited)

Tyler, The Creator - $15
IGOR https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T6S1CC1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_n1MbFbHX9P2TW
($13.50 on Walmart

Billie - $12.50

When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? [LP][Pale Yellow] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N3RG76T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_M5MbFbWD29WDA

Adele - $10

21 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004I1WIWU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_K6MbFbAJV1XF0

Skynyrd - $9

Skynyrd's Innyrds: Their Greatest Hits https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HSM5VPY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_x7MbFb2HWNEYX

Eminem - $16

The Marshall Mathers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004TB5B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_r9MbFb3HY2TDA

Leon Bridges - $14

Good Thing

Edited by ryantark