harryq

AMAZON U.S. Vinyl Deals & More Thread

Good news for Europeans:

Amazon.co.uk offers now free shipping if you order for more than £25 to the following countries:

Belgium, Denmark, Luxembourg and Netherlands, Andorra, Finland, Gibraltar, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden and Vatican City (Holy See).

Oh man, the lads in Vatican City are surely placing their orders for some Slayer vinyl right now. ;D

Pity that .co.uk is damn expensive...

Been a while since my last update, but I didn't want to spam the thread everytime I add something to the site, so here is a bigger one:

Recent RecordMole.com updates:

• [*:lzbtepeq] There is finally a "search" function!
    [*:lzbtepeq] You can now browse by artist.
    [*:lzbtepeq] Clicking on the artist name shows now all releases for that artist across all Amazon countries.
    [*:lzbtepeq] Each Amazon country has a summary frontpage with the 10 highest price reductions of the past 48 hours.
    [*:lzbtepeq] The format of a release, like "Single", "Box Set", "Import" is now shown where available. (Though, Amazon is very sloppy and inconsistent with adding the format data)
    [*:lzbtepeq] Did I mention filter buttons? A lot of filter buttons for price and genre filtering. Most columns are sortable too.
    [*:lzbtepeq] "View all" is now a combined view of Amazon price and the lowest marketplace prices.

I continue development and I have enough ideas to keep me busy coding for the next few months (a much nicer hobby than playing games, especially since you can listen to your vinyl at the same time ;D )

So, please let me know if you have any wishes or suggestions.

edit: oops, fixed the link (thanks AlexH)

Just saw that The Mars Volta - Bedlam in Goliath is available from Shockhound's Amazon store for $24,74.

Haven't seen this very often for under 40 bucks lately (well that's what I paid for it) and besides it being their 2nd best record it comes on awesome looking vinyl...

Nicely spotted good Sir & ordered! +1

Just saw that The Mars Volta - Bedlam in Goliath is available from Shockhound's Amazon store for $24,74.

Haven't seen this very often for under 40 bucks lately (well that's what I paid for it) and besides it being their 2nd best record it comes on awesome looking vinyl...

I imagine that's the normal Shockhound.com price - 25% (for their halloween sale). unfortunately, it looks like shockhound's amazon store (and I imagine their own store, too) adds $2.98/item for standard shipping. similar deals are nine inch nails' downward spiral for $20.24 and ghosts for $29.99, [edit]though upon further review, that record is fairly awesome looking[/edit]

in any case, it's still a good deal

I imagine that's the normal Shockhound.com price - 25% (for their halloween sale). unfortunately, it looks like shockhound's amazon store (and I imagine their own store, too) adds $2.98/item for standard shipping.

Ah, that maybe explains why the record was still about $33 when I checked from their website directly.

though upon further review, that record is fairly awesome looking

Yes, let me borrow a pic from Travis from the pictures thread to show you:

[image]

Just noticed that the black half of the C & D side of my copy doesn't bleed into the red like on the pic. Looks cool in any case.

I imagine that's the normal Shockhound.com price - 25% (for their halloween sale). unfortunately, it looks like shockhound's amazon store (and I imagine their own store, too) adds $2.98/item for standard shipping.

Ah, that maybe explains why the record was still about $33 when I checked from their website directly.

though upon further review, that record is fairly awesome looking

Yes, let me borrow a pic from Travis from the pictures thread to show you:

[image]

Just noticed that the black half of the C & D side of my copy doesn't bleed into the red like on the pic. Looks cool in any case.

Looks like Travis has just about the same exact comforter as I do.

Just noticed that the Mogwai - Hardcore Will Never Die But You Will (double lp) is available for pre-order from Amazon.co.uk for £8.99!

Shipping is free within Europe for orders above £25, so I ordered it with a copy of We were promised Jetpacks' - These four walls for £11.99 and some other stuff.

Also meant to pick up the new "...trail of dead" album, but the price is just the same as in my home town (meaning 30% higher than in some other european mailorders), so I rather support my local dealer when the album comes out (for a change). ;D

Just noticed that the Mogwai - Hardcore Will Never Die But You Will (double lp) is available for pre-order from Amazon.co.uk for £8.99!

Shipping is free within Europe for orders above £25, so I ordered it with a copy of We were promised Jetpacks' - These four walls for £11.99 and some other stuff.

Also meant to pick up the new "...trail of dead" album, but the price is just the same as in my home town (meaning 30% higher than in some other european mailorders), so I rather support my local dealer when the album comes out (for a change). ;D

Amazon.co.uk first listed the deluxe Mogwai boxset for £8.99!! I pre-ordered it and it's still showing as the boxset in the my account section, I hope I get it.

Amazon seems to have good deals now and again but I always end up having problems. I ordered Ratatat - LP3 and it was a bad pressing, returned 2 copies and on side B one song skips in the same place on all 3 records. I ordered Thrice - Beggars (Ltd. edition w/ 2 bonus tracks) in November and cancelled it about a week ago because it still hadn't shipped. When the pre-order for NIN - Pretty Hate Machine (Remaster) was up, I ordered that and Ghosts I-IV. Neither had shipped for over a month so I cancelled both and bought them on Boxing Day from a local record store at an even cheaper price. Tempted to go for that Mogwai one though...

i have no real tips except for be patient. i put in an order to amazon.co.uk from the states on jan 7. it never arrived, so i emailed them and they happy obliged to send the package out again. 2 records, no big deal. i just hope they finally come. amazon is good because they stand behind their customers, so you don't really have to worry about being screwed and never getting your money back. hope this helps.

not so worried about shipping. more so language barrier. i'm trying to order on amazon.de and i dont understand german! also, ordering from the marketplace....so maybe i should be worries about shipping?

It's not like that us Germans don't speak English, so don't worry about the language barrier. Marketplace will only work if they offer international shipping....

not so worried about shipping. more so language barrier. i'm trying to order on amazon.de and i dont understand german! also, ordering from the marketplace....so maybe i should be worries about shipping?

It's not like that us Germans don't speak English, so don't worry about the language barrier. Marketplace will only work if they offer international shipping....

I assume it is more about the lack of internationalization of the German Amazon pages.

Try and browse the French or Italian Amazon and order something.

In theory you just click the yellow buttons and the layout is similar as for .com, but if you don't understand a word on that site you'll have an uneasy feeling through the whole process.