日本語のテキストと帯状のもの

2 minutes ago, docbronze said:

Not sure if it's been said explicitly, but I believe there was a tweet from the label saying these were on hand/shipping next week so it's a logical assumption that they halved their tour stock.

On Bandcamp it says that 200 copies are for online sale and 100 for tour gigs (300 total). So my question was if the extra 50 that dropped online came out of the gig allotment. I just didn’t see that change on BC so wasn’t sure.

Edited by lethalenforcer

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

On Bandcamp it says that 200 copies are for online sale and 100 for tour gigs (300 total). So my question was if the extra 50 that dropped online came out of the gig allotment. I just didn’t see that change on BC so wasn’t sure.

Sorry, LE. I knew what you were asking but I must not've worded my answer very clearly. In brief: What @cantdance said.

38 minutes ago, ethereal said:

its really sad how bratty and demanding the VW community gets when they miss out on vinyl or tapes, its absolutely ridiculous...

edit: to clarify, on social media and reddit mainly.

Yeah, Reddit is the worst for this. I can’t imagine what they would do if they had an experience like the DiH reissue where the preorder date got pushed back over a half dozen times. 

Editions that sell out in literally seconds due to artificial scarcity is always more ridiculous than fans bitching about not being logged into Bandcamp or Paypal when shit drops during weekdays or in the middle of the night & it's quite literally "blink & you'll miss it".

Imagine record companies actually adjusting for demand rather than making their fans wait the better part of a year for a repress (which asshole flippers will double-dip on anyway), which also slows those record companies new release schedules some.

Edited by armadillo01

1 minute ago, armadillo01 said:

Editions that sell out in literally seconds due to artificial scarcity is always more ridiculous than fans bitching about not being logged into Bandcamp or Paypal when shit drops during weekdays or in the middle of the night & it's quite literally "blink & you'll miss it".

Imagine record companies actually adjusting for demand rather than making their fans wait the better part of a year for a repress (which asshole flippers will double-dip on anyway), which also slows those record companies new release schedules some.

nah, youre still a bish if you complain when you miss a drop. limited b limited, b

Just now, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

nah, youre still a bish if you complain when you miss a drop. limited b limited, b

Nope, and "limited" is not the same as "will sell out in seconds because we like to leave money on the table because hype > customer satisfaction".  Miss me with your stanning for artificial scarcity. Obvious bullshit is obviously bullshit.

30 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

25 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Nope, and "limited" is not the same as "will sell out in seconds because we like to leave money on the table because hype > customer satisfaction".  Miss me with your stanning for artificial scarcity. Obvious bullshit is obviously bullshit.

You are basically demanding that all labels (including <5 year old mini-labels like 100% Electronica) cater to some arbitrary pressing quantity, when if you instead would watch how artists emerge and the demand for their physical media grows, you would notice how this label has upped their pressing quantities significantly with each release over the last few years. the fact that 1000+ of most of their albums hasn't met the demand speaks to the roster, not the lacking supply.

10 hours ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

You are basically demanding that all labels (including <5 year old mini-labels like 100% Electronica) cater to some arbitrary pressing quantity, when if you instead would watch how artists emerge and the demand for their physical media grows, you would notice how this label has upped their pressing quantities significantly with each release over the last few years. the fact that 1000+ of most of their albums hasn't met the demand speaks to the roster, not the lacking supply.

Pressing in accordance with demand is the exact opposite of "arbitrary"; it's literally in accordance with a specific criteria. This is not challenging. Imagine Sub Pop pressing only /300 for its first 5 years. 100% Electronica doesn't have 1000+ releases so I'm not guessing you're exaggerating to make a point?

And while 100%E has significantly upped their vinyl runs, granted, many other VW/future funk labels don't (Neoncity and 100+ being the main culprits). 100%E seems to under-press the S U R F I N G lp everytime so I'm not really frustrated at them because they have only one "runaway" release like that & their other vinyl (reissues) tend to sell out in weeks/days which is far more normal, granted. I'm more frustrated at the other two & a couple more labels (Yetee when they're releasing their own stuff).

Sub Pop did have major releases in the early years that were limited to hundreds like that.  Then as the label grew they pressed more.

But also, to me the Vape bands that are doing it right are using QRATES, that way everyone can preorder if they want....but then again thats just the opinion of one dumb flipper.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

In b4 "You should have stayed up past 3am for that surprise Desired LP drop if you REALLY wanted it, you loser with no life".

Did anyone snag a copy?

1 hour ago, billya said:

Does it count as a surprise if they announced it earlier that day?

yeah, definitely no surprise and I dunno where 3am came from..

I was able to grab my copy with ease at 6pm PST

also didn’t sell out for 7+ hours so whoever snoozed definitely deserves to lose on this one 

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

https://twitter.com/yungestbae/status/1095096874476785665?s=19 Get your wallets ready. Do you think this is the new album 5 or another reissue?

it's the remaining copies of Bae that never shipped due to sleeve errors.

Source: I got my confirmation email earlier this afternoon.