Anyone else looking forward to the Simon & Garfunkel one-step pressing from Mofi?

Call me crazy, but I ordered this.

The MFSL “one step” version of Santana “Abraxas” was often reviewed as the BEST sounding version of that album ever...

I grew up listening to BOTW, and I am really looking forward to hearing what I hope is the “ultimate” version. :)

However, the “one step” version of Donald Fagen “The Nightfly” had me rasing an eyebrow....<_<

27 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

Call me crazy, but I ordered this.

The MFSL “one step” version of Santana “Abraxas” was often reviewed as the BEST sounding version of that album ever...

I grew up listening to BOTW, and I am really looking forward to hearing what I hope is the “ultimate” version. :)

However, the “one step” version of Donald Fagen “The Nightfly” had me rasing an eyebrow....<_<

you are crazy unless you have a 5 figure setup. otherwise you are not going to hear a discernible difference. 

1 minute ago, Satan said:

Who the fuck are these guys? Never heard of em.

Simon and Garfunkel? Former saxophone and harp players respectively, for The Bangles. The released a few solo albums afterwards experimenting with polyphonic madrigals. They used to play golf with Jimmy Carter, too.

9 minutes ago, jrodan said:

you are crazy unless you have a 5 figure setup. otherwise you are not going to hear a discernible difference. 

Well, I have a Thorens TD2001 turntable, Grado Signature Cart, NAD Receiver and a pair of Kef Reference speakers.

Far from a 5 figure set up, but better than most and in the “ballpark” of a better set up I have heard.

I hear a “significant” improvement with the “standard” old school MFSL pressings, and many Japanese pressings.

I don’t own the old older MFSL of this title, nor any other “premium” pressing. I am hoping it will sound as good or perhaps surpass those. :D

the price point makes me balk at any of the titles, not a huge S&G fan so I'd pass on this anyways but I personally used to detest that majors were pushing out common titles at $25+ price points then I realized that many of these are sonic improvements over the originals and while younger collectors may not want to pay what they are asking and will settle for that $5 used copy instead, people who grew up listening to this stuff want to hear what can be improved upon with newer mastering technology and pressing them to quality vinyl instead of the recycled vinyl they were accustomed to at release.I think it's one of my favorite things of the resurgence whether you want to pay $50 for an obscure video game or movie soundtrack or an audiophile double 45 remaster of a classic album that sounds better than any version you have ever heard, someone has you covered. There is a market to suit just about any kind of collector. I mean I'd rather buy a stack of records than pay $250 for the AP reissue of Harry Belafonte at Carnegie Hall, but there is someone out there who grew up listening to that album and wants to hear an improvement on what is already considered one of the best sounding recordings of all time.