Crosley t200

6 hours ago, shenanigans said:

Have you ever tried to play your records using a stick with a nail on the end of it?

That's just ridiculous. I have an amazing set up, check it out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01GO1SP1E/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1516836628&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=turntable&dpPl=1&dpID=51nNzO8NbQL&ref=plSrch

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2018 at 10:39 PM, lostcrimes said:

Was browsing a record store and noticed this thing. Was curious about it but can't really find any reviews or anything on it.

https://www.amazon.com/Crosley-T200A-BK-2-Speed-Component-Turnable/dp/B0762RP7HR

Well, I bought a used one for $100 off of Blinq.  It was badly misrepresented and completely broken, so I returned it.  It was very heavy and seemed very much like at Audio-Technica AT-LP120.  I believe it is a rebadged Lenco L3808.  They get decent reviews.  The one I bought looked like it had been through a war, was missing it's counterweight, stylus was broken, dust cover was damaged heavily.  I probably could have lived with it if the turntable worked, but I plugged it in and hit start...good to go...hit stop, and it started spinning backward so fast I thought the platter was going to fly off.  Crazy darned thing.