Topshelf Records 2018 Vinyl Subscription

3 hours ago, N8TRU1 said:

Mad jealous. I still haven't gotten a package but that's one my of favorite TSR releases.

Yeah I was pretty surprised, I enjoyed this record a lot.

Only other bands I could think of that would of been sweet would be prawn or pianos become the teeth, but I'm sure they have sold most of those already.

10 hours ago, tlr said:

Yeah I was pretty surprised, I enjoyed this record a lot.

Only other bands I could think of that would of been sweet would be prawn or pianos become the teeth, but I'm sure they have sold most of those already.

If I could hope for anything it'd be the new Mouse on the Keys but that's a dream. Donovan Wolfington is up there too.

39 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I got Happy Diving’s Electric Soul Unity 17/20. Pretty pleased, I like this album a lot. TSR continue to be one of the best labels, could’ve just left us all waiting but hooked us up. Will keep subbing with them for the foreseeable future.

Yeah. It was a really nice gesture to send out the test press. They also sent me an email that broke down all the upcoming items they're sending out, like the sweater and slipmat, etc. On the other end of the spectrum, I had shipping issues with another label sub for the last 8-9 months, including a few spans where I'd not get a package at all for several months, and they couldn't figure out a way to get my orders in their queue. Finally, the shipping guy said he'd send me some extra stuff to thank me for my patience. They sent me a random CD from 2014 and some label stickers. :P

Edited by swb

• 3 weeks later...

Spoiler alert for new package***

Thought it felt heavy and found out it included the gorgeous anniversary edition tour press of Have Mercy's The Earth Pushed Back. I gasped I was so excited. Also comes with the Tricot 7" and new mouse on the keys. Unfortunately got the wrong variants for those 2.

6 hours ago, N8TRU1 said:

Spoiler alert for new package***

Thought it felt heavy and found out it included the gorgeous anniversary edition tour press of Have Mercy's The Earth Pushed Back. I gasped I was so excited. Also comes with the Tricot 7" and new mouse on the keys. Unfortunately got the wrong variants for those 2.

Did you get their email about this? If not, they realized their (aka their new shipping company's) mistake and are sending the correct variants plus gobbinjr. Said to just keep the incorrect variants.

11 hours ago, swb said:

Did you get their email about this? If not, they realized their (aka their new shipping company's) mistake and are sending the correct variants plus gobbinjr. Said to just keep the incorrect variants.

I did get the email. I'm gonna have a happy friend who gets these 2 records.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, swb said:

Not yet. But I did get that cool sweater a week or so ago. Curious if that was supposed to be our 2017 sweater or if that chapter is closed and this is our 2018 sweater.

The crewneck is 2017 only. From what I remember they didn't include a 2018 crewneck but 2018 gets a shirt. I got a blue shirt with the logo in yellow letters but I don't know when we'll get the 2018 (I'm assuming) shirt.

15 minutes ago, N8TRU1 said:

The crewneck is 2017 only. From what I remember they didn't include a 2018 crewneck but 2018 gets a shirt. I got a blue shirt with the logo in yellow letters but I don't know when we'll get the 2018 (I'm assuming) shirt.

Word. Then we are all caught up now I think. It's been way too hot in Southern California to wear that crewneck but I'm ready to throw it on for our 5 days of winter coming up.

2 hours ago, swb said:

Word. Then we are all caught up now I think. It's been way too hot in Southern California to wear that crewneck but I'm ready to throw it on for our 5 days of winter coming up.

I love the crewneck. Even if we don't get a shirt for this year we all got a test press and duplicates of 2 records so I won't be complaining.

16 minutes ago, N8TRU1 said:

I love the crewneck. Even if we don't get a shirt for this year we all got a test press and duplicates of 2 records so I won't be complaining.

The shipments and communication have gotten way better since the end of 2017/beginning of 2018 period. It's been really nice to see things shift back to being great. They sent that long email update which mentioned having to let an employee go and I wonder if there were some balls dropped or some delays incurred because of that. Whatever it was, glad things are back on track.

19 minutes ago, swb said:

The shipments and communication have gotten way better since the end of 2017/beginning of 2018 period. It's been really nice to see things shift back to being great. They sent that long email update which mentioned having to let an employee go and I wonder if there were some balls dropped or some delays incurred because of that. Whatever it was, glad things are back on track.

I thought the same thing about the employee being let go. Hopefully they can do a sub next year because I'll definitely sign up for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Clearance,  toe and Doe came yesterday. Unfortunately I got the wrong variant for toe which was the /300 instead of the black in cloudy clear. Doe came as half red half clear instead of half red half white which I haven't heard anything about. I'm guessing the half red half white was changed to this.

58 minutes ago, N8TRU1 said:

Clearance,  toe and Doe came yesterday. Unfortunately I got the wrong variant for toe which was the /300 instead of the black in cloudy clear. Doe came as half red half clear instead of half red half white which I haven't heard anything about. I'm guessing the half red half white was changed to this.

Unrelated but I realized I misplaced my El Ten Eleven record somewhere in a random box or shelf cubby and I hadn't even opened it yet. Do you know which variant subscribers got?

2 hours ago, N8TRU1 said:

I only received the Clearance and Doe. The toe was missing. Hmm, I wonder what happened there? Anyone else experience this?