PO - Frank Turner - Be More Kind (May 4)

USA PO at https://shop.frank-turner.com

UK/EU PO at https://store.frank-turner.com/

From email announcement this morning:

Oh happy day! It is with a mixture of pleasure and relief, excitement and trepidation, that today I can announce the details of my 7th solo studio album. The album is called “BE MORE KIND” and it will be released worldwide on May 4th, 2018.

The album is available to pre-order from RIGHT NOW & pre-ordering by 5pm (GMT) Tuesday 30th gives you early access to tickets for my first ever world tour (more on that below). There are also a limited number of exclusive signed formats available.

This far into a recording career, it’s a joy and a privilege to be able to say, in all honesty, that I’m as excited about this record as any I’ve made in my life. I worked on this album, with The Sleeping Souls, for longer than any of its predecessors. We spent many months in Texas and London working through the songs. In places it’s pretty radically different, both lyrically and musically, by my standards. But I don’t want to prejudge it for you in any way. I’ll just say, I’m ecstatic that we now have a date for you all to hear the whole thing – and of course, there will be some new music coming out in the meantime!

And as of today, you can check out the song ‘1933‘. It’s one of the heavier tunes I’ve recorded in recent years, and as you can hopefully hear, I’ve found my way back to being angry at the state of the world. Don’t go mistaking your house burning down for the dawn, enjoy!

Edited by marc32137

Apparently http://store.frank-turner.com is the UK/EU store and http://shop.frank-turner.com is the USA store (which for some reason costs more). I accidentally ordered from the UK store but I'm hoping I can still get presale access and not have to cancel/reorder.

EDIT - Yeah, I have to cancel and re-order from the right place in order to get North American presale tickets. Oh, well.

Edited by marc32137

18 hours ago, Dub said:

$29 plus shipping is a little to pricey for one LP.  I believe the price for Positive Songs was $30 last time around too.  I dig Frank Turner, but with being underwhelmed by his last two records, I think I'm going to have to pass on this.

PSFNP does retail at 30. I don't understand it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, ejeffs said:

What is “Song To Ruin”?

Before Frank went solo he was in a raft of bands most notably Million Dead a post hardcore band who existed between 2000 and 2005. Song To Ruin was the bands first album which came out 2003 but that particular album has never been released on vinyl as it originally came out on xtra mile and integrity records. The bands sophomore and final effort Harmony, No Harmony was however put on vinyl a couple of years back as Xtra Mile are the sole owners of the rights to that one I believe.

Definitely worth checking out if you like Franks current heavier project Mongol Horde (both bands feature Ben Dawson on drums). Saw Mongol Horde earlier this year in London and they played some old Million Dead cuts as well as some new material that sounded great and a cover of Madonna's Like A Prayer which was bizarrely good.

Edited by Stress On The Sky