PO - Frank Turner - Be More Kind (May 4)

• 2 weeks later...

I love the lyrics, the message, and the subtext of the video that somehow our fucking idiot president got elected on the idea that America wasn't great and winning on the votes of people who are far more pro-USA than me.  By voting for Trump, all these dipshits were implying that they didn't like where the country was heading, but really they just didn't like that we had our first black president who was going to be followed by our first woman president.

Soapbox nonsense done with, this song is very blah.  Any energy these songs might have had has been overproduced out of them.  This album has now been downgraded from "yay, new Frank Turner on vinyl" to "ok, maybe I'll still buy the digital" to "welp, guess I'm going to wait for a full album stream before I spend money on what is shaping up to be a huge disappointment."

Edited by tdogg241

• 4 weeks later...

This turned out so well! Makes me so happy that MAGA was a one off fluke (yeah it was terrible in retrospect) and that the album really does tread some new ground for frank. It’s all in all far more dynamic than his previous output without being alienating. Definitely more lush and full production wise, getting some serious Eels vibes, especially from the opener. Can’t wait to dive further into this thing then my box set shows up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...