defectiveepitaph

AT-LP120 Target Light burnt out... Fix?

I've had an Audio Technica AT-LP120 for a few years now. Yesterday I went to pop-up the white target light while dropping the needle, and it flickered on and off, and won't turn on now. I'm assuming it shorted/burnt out.

Has anyone replaced a target light before? I found the little light online for a few dollars, but I've got no clue how to replace it. There is a shop near me that would probably be able to do it, but is it possible to do it myself without much effort?

On 1/31/2018 at 3:36 PM, defectiveepitaph said:

I've had an Audio Technica AT-LP120 for a few years now. Yesterday I went to pop-up the white target light while dropping the needle, and it flickered on and off, and won't turn on now. I'm assuming it shorted/burnt out.

Has anyone replaced a target light before? I found the little light online for a few dollars, but I've got no clue how to replace it. There is a shop near me that would probably be able to do it, but is it possible to do it myself without much effort?

I have the same turntable and my target light burned out after two years. I'd also like to replace it myself if it's not too difficult. Has anyone here ever done it?