The Wonder Years - Sister Cities

4 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Yeah I really shouldn’t have listened till I had the vinyl in hand. Album is good but felt like I needed to be reading along to the lyrics. This might be like The Hotelier “Goodness” for me where there album is alright listening biking, but 10/10 when I’m reading along.

This is how I felt last night listening to it all the way through. Definitely some tracks that I know will be my favorites but I know I'll appreciate all of them twice as much knowing the lyrics too.

11 minutes ago, Little Shop of Gore said:

Definitely some tracks that I know will be my favorites but I know I'll appreciate all of them twice as much knowing the lyrics too.

As is tradition with the previous 2 or 3 Wonder Years LPs. The lyrics only elevate their already great and evolving sound.

1 minute ago, veggiecorecords said:

WTF happened to this place. Album release day and I had to scroll to the 3rd page to find this thread?! 

Too many people caught up with an Underoath record in 2018 I guess. 

As for this album? As previously previously mentioned. Absolute masterpiece. My favorite so far.  Can't wait to get the booklet/vinyl this afternoon :D

2 hours ago, AndrewSS said:

NCTH banquet variant took forever to sell out as well. Surprised me then as well.

Wish I would have gotten one of the NCTH ones...I've always gone back and forth with variant collecting. Right now I have all of Sister Cities except for the Blue Mountain Splatter Book and the original black.

55 minutes ago, jcduncan said:

Wish I would have gotten one of the NCTH ones...I've always gone back and forth with variant collecting. Right now I have all of Sister Cities except for the Blue Mountain Splatter Book and the original black.

I'm in the same boat right now. Variant collecting for this band gets hard when record release variants get added into the mix.