The Wonder Years - Sister Cities

On 4/17/2018 at 9:07 PM, raynerho said:

Hey dude, i purchasd a copy from a user on a facebook group and it appears that I'll likely have this issue, since the book shows the mountain instead of the sunset. Do you mind letting me know the email can I reach out to?  Thanks!!

The book showing one or the other shouldn't matter. The sleeve the record is in is reversible. I don't know what they'd be able to do for you without an order number though 

Email is [email protected] if you end up needing  it 

Edited by AndrewSS

The LP + hardcover book version seems to be sold out at most of the usual places (Merchnow/Hopeless, TWY Official page). Amoeba has them in stock and has free shipping in the US. You can also use LP10 for 10% off. 

https://www.amoeba.com/sister-cities-colored-vinyl-lp-the-wonder-years/albums/4028789/

31 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

I haven't seen TWY or No Sleep confirm this but apparently, Alt Press might have leaked a vinyl repress of "Get Stoked On It" I can't find it on the Wayback Machine either so take it with a million grains of salt.

I would be really surprised, the band hates that record

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

sun-drenched pavement society is a thing i guess. i've loved these guys for going on a decade and i'll always back them, but........ not in on this at all. last couple of years they've completely lost me

edit: my primary concern with this, aside from it being cost-prohibitive, is: will they keep up with it? idk if anyone remembers when dan forayed into "shallow water" with his charity shirt series in like 2011-12. went for a few months, then poof, done. conceptually/structurally they're not identical, obviously, but i can see them falling behind on this and it creating animosity

Edited by chamb117

On 11/23/2018 at 2:46 PM, chamb117 said:

sun-drenched pavement society is a thing i guess. i've loved these guys for going on a decade and i'll always back them, but........ not in on this at all. last couple of years they've completely lost me

edit: my primary concern with this, aside from it being cost-prohibitive, is: will they keep up with it? idk if anyone remembers when dan forayed into "shallow water" with his charity shirt series in like 2011-12. went for a few months, then poof, done. conceptually/structurally they're not identical, obviously, but i can see them falling behind on this and it creating animosity

To be fair, he did it for a whole year and I don't know if it was supposed to go longer than that. I ordered every shirt and all of my orders always came in the mail. The shirts were high quality and always really fucking cool.  It was a great concept but I imagine it was difficult to keep going with it so the fact that he was able to do it for an entire year is pretty impressive...

With that being said, I want to save up for this cause I am so in...

On 11/25/2018 at 6:36 PM, SeeMoreGlass said:

To be fair, he did it for a whole year and I don't know if it was supposed to go longer than that. I ordered every shirt and all of my orders always came in the mail. The shirts were high quality and always really fucking cool.  It was a great concept but I imagine it was difficult to keep going with it so the fact that he was able to do it for an entire year is pretty impressive...

With that being said, I want to save up for this cause I am so in...

it would be unfair of me to not mention that i think shallow water was well-executed for its duration, and if i didn't get fat i'd still wear my shirts haha. it just seemed like it fell off unexpectedly

(edit: also i'm sure soupy's resources/support were much slimmer back in '11/'12)

Edited by chamb117

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update from SDPS, Laura emailed me earlier.

" Originally the first package for SDPS was suppose to be sent out this week. However, there are being postponed to next week since we are waiting on the personalized letters to arrive from the band. Be on the lookout next week for the shipping email. "

Edited by RecordsandIPA

It will be interesting to see what the first item(s) will be. There are about 875+ followers on the SDPS Instagram. Assuming that the vast majority of those are paid subscribers ($20 before shipping), that means they would have about $17K to spend per month. That’s more than enough to, say, press up an LP or even just a 7” with a couple of unreleased tracks.

14 minutes ago, glass realms said:

There are about 875+ followers on the SDPS Instagram. Assuming that the vast majority of those are paid subscribers ($20 before shipping), that means they would have about $17K to spend per month. That’s more than enough to, say, press up an LP or even just a 7” with a couple of unreleased tracks.

Haha, I did the math from their IG follows too. Should be decent stuff for sure