The Wonder Years - Sister Cities

• 2 weeks later...

because my reading comprehension is poor (but also because the website DID say "$20 per month"), i thought it was legit $20 per month and not per quarter. so, this really isn't bad at all (and after expressing my reluctance to join in, i took the plunge) rather than the price gouge i thought it was. actually excited now!

someone commented on the TGG 24-hour tour post and said one of their white whales was the record release variant, and the band commented "DM us!" so it looks like people really will be able to connect with them more meaningfully than they normally would

15 minutes ago, chamb117 said:

because my reading comprehension is poor (but also because the website DID say "$20 per month"), i thought it was legit $20 per month and not per quarter. so, this really isn't bad at all (and after expressing my reluctance to join in, i took the plunge) rather than the price gouge i thought it was. actually excited now!

Pretty sure it actually still is $20 plus shipping per month. My dashboard says the next charge is going to be February 7th. 

Edited by glass realms

4 minutes ago, glass realms said:

Pretty sure is actually still is $20 plus shipping per month. My dashboard says the next charge is going to be February 7th. 

Yup!! It's $20+shipping every month. You can only join quarterly / yearly so they know how many members there are and how many items to make/ship.  Every month on the 7th you will be charged.

Edited by RecordsandIPA

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/17/2019 at 10:36 AM, Buffbloom said:

This month's SDPS product is a Sister Cities Demos cassette.  Wonder if this will be otherwise available.

was pretty stoked to receive this (although is it worth the cost of admission? eh). i would be surprised if they ran another press only because they've had no problem leaning into exclusive releases (we look like lightning 7", most recently), but it'd be a cool 7" to have. 

A record would have been preferred over a cassette but this was probably the coolest SDPS item of all 12, with the Hank bobblehead being the second best. All the other items have been pretty underwhelming.  I'm certainly not mad that they're not doing the subscription again next year.

1 hour ago, glass realms said:

A record would have been preferred over a cassette but this was probably the coolest SDPS item of all 12, with the Hank bobblehead being the second best. All the other items have been pretty underwhelming.  I'm certainly not mad that they're not doing the subscription again next year.

I wear the sweatpants almost every other night and that nalgeen got me off bottled water completely. 

January - SDPS Logo Long Sleeve T-Shirt, Logo Patch, handwritten letter from one of the guys in the band
February - Riot Fest 2018 Poster/Sister Cities Enamel Pins
March - Hank The Pigeon Bobblehead
April - "No Saviors" Baseball Cap
May - I Wanted So Badly to Be Brave Banner Flag
June - It Must Get Lonely T-Shirt
July - Coffee & Drawstring Carrier Bag
August - Water Bottle and Tote Bag
September - Lunch Box and Notebook
October - Logo Sweatpants
November - Pigeon Knitcap
December  - Sister Cities Cassette Demos

Edited by glass realms