PO: Dave Chappelle Live 4xLP

Also available from Amazon for ~$31. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075G5KT3G/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518065755&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=dave+chapelle+vinyl&dpPl=1&dpID=41aDJfzGaoL&ref=plSrch

Currently out of stock, but I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago, and it didn’t take long to get fulfilled. 

3 hours ago, achillesstand7 said:

Also available from Amazon for ~$31. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075G5KT3G/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518065755&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=dave+chapelle+vinyl&dpPl=1&dpID=41aDJfzGaoL&ref=plSrch

Currently out of stock, but I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago, and it didn’t take long to get fulfilled. 

Was yours the colored variant?

29 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

People are really buying a comedy set on 4xlp?

This seems like the worst way to watch comedy

You are right it is the worst way to Watch comedy.

But listen too....I mean its no worse than listening to anything else on vinyl.  If you want to listen to vinyl go for it, if you don't ....go digital (but this isn't exactly a digitalcollective site).

1 hour ago, timsimmons said:

Other than having to flip the record, I don’t see what makes it so terrible.  They’ve been pressing comedy albums for decades. 

Buying a comedy album in 1970 when that was your only choice is a little different than 2018

I cant imagine anyone buying a comedy LP in 2018 because the digital version lacks dynamic range due to compression.

32 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

Buying a comedy album in 1970 when that was your only choice is a little different than 2018

I cant imagine anyone buying a comedy LP in 2018 because the digital version lacks dynamic range due to compression.

Right?

All this shit is on Netflix. Back in the golden age of stand up comedy records they were tailored for the medium, usually, and it was the only way to get them. There wasnt home video or on demand services. It was either go to a comedy club or buy an album.

Personally I think all 4 of the new Dave Chappelle stand up specials were not good.

But then again we are at a vinyl board where people can get off on buying several copies of a certain record because the vinyl is a different color. So its all relative I guess.

Also, I'll never understand posting in a thread you have no interest in just to shit on the release or the people who are looking forward to it. 

Edited by timsimmons

55 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Stand up must be watched on netflix, not listened to on records.

Music must be listened to on spotify, not listened to on records.......

Not the same thing...at all. I get buying stand up vinyl. I do. I had to talk myself out of buying the latest John Mulaney. 

But it's not the same as music. I don't fault or judge anyone for buying it, but as someone who loves comedy and loves records and has been an obsessive nerd about both for decades...I just don't need those two things to intersect.

1 hour ago, timsimmons said:

But then again we are at a vinyl board where people can get off on buying several copies of a certain record because the vinyl is a different color. So its all relative I guess.

Also, I'll never understand posting in a thread you have no interest in just to shit on the release or the people who are looking forward to it. 

Because I'm legit mad about his 4 specials. I was really stoked for them too.