Panopticon- The Scars of Man Upon the Once Nameless Wilderness PTI and PTII

1 hour ago, Prestonlanes said:

Are they doing a tour, or just select festival dates?  I haven't been able to make it to any of they're few live shows and would love to see him/them.

Festival dates as far as I've seen.  I saw them a few years ago at Migration Fest and it was pretty mind blowing.

12 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Going that day and the Agoraphobic Nosebleed day.  Last year was a good time, I'm guessing this will too.  Too bad Neumo's upped their beer prices after the remodel though :(

Yeah I think the first day is the only day I am going. Last year just went to one of the Barboza nights with Cult Leader, Call of the Void and Primitive Man. Good stuff! I was just at Neumos seeing Baths this past Saturday and yeah, them prices hurt!

14 minutes ago, ethereal said:

I wasn’t able to grab the full version on vinyl so I dabbled with the stream and I have to say, you guys are in for a treat.

absolutely loving it so far.

Looks like you can still grab both volumes, just not in the set version. I'm glad I got the set, but a little concerned at what a "wrap around poster" means. I think that's the only difference that I can see.

30 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Looks like you can still grab both volumes, just not in the set version. I'm glad I got the set, but a little concerned at what a "wrap around poster" means. I think that's the only difference that I can see.

The set comes with a slipcase that houses both albums with different artwork but other than that and the poster, I think that is the only difference, as there is no mention of the variants being unique to the set. I did break down and listened to the first three tracks or so of pt.1 and quite liked it, but saving my hype for a proper at home sesh.

Can't be bothered to quote stuff...

I think all of the Bindrune stuff has been the same. The previous bundle releases were limited to 100 but the vinyl was the same. Maybe the shirts were exclusive. The rest of the swag was not. 

I can't recall, but they may have even done an identical repress of something, but I might be wrong there.

I wasn't very excited for Vol II but I had to get it because Panopticon. I'm liking it a lot more than I thought I would. Of course Vol I is amazing too. It is hard for me to get over the hump that is Echoes of a Disharmonic Evensong, (in my opinion one of the best songs ever recorded) but it's still one of the top 5 for the year if not #1. I know it's early but I'm still going to call it.