Skipping when I walk up.

Hey all dumbass new guy here. I recently inherited a Crosley and cheap hundred-dollar speakers from an old roommate which has been brought to my attention through through reading up on this site that both are a No-No however I'm just going to roll with this setup. Until I get a little bit more familiar with the vinyl game and then drop some cash on a better table and speakers. The main issue I am having is that when I walk up to the turntable and it's playing a record my footsteps cause the needle to bounce. I'm assuming this is just because of the end table that I have it set up on. I've tried putting as much weight down on the arm as possible and it's still bounces when I walk up. Any suggestions?

Likely a combination of the counter weight being set too light and a wobbly shelf/surface.

you need to buy/borrow a gauge to fix the first issue or just blindly crank it up since it’s a Crosley and will shred your records anyway.

the second issue is easiest to fix by putting the turntable on a wall mounted shelf.  That’s not always an option if you’re a renter or whatver.

Nothing you can do about the Crosley unless it's one of the slightly better component ones that have an adjustable weight on the back of the arm but even if it is it's not going to help unless it's wildly out, if it is as @Tardcore suggested get hold of a scale to see what its tracking at.

Other then that you are looking at isolating the Crosley from whatever is making it bounce, be that the table its on or the floor. You can try putting the feet on some halved squash balls which quite often works with better turntables but it's going to be trial and error and TBH you're better just putting the Crosley in to landfill where it belongs as soon as you can get something better.