Black Moth Super Rainbow - Panic Blooms

1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

I enjoyed this quite a bit on first listen. The slow pacing is so different than the last album but it's still BMSR. I can feel that this will be a grower for most. I love the description "Liquid Goth / Outsider Pop"

I wasn't feeling it. There were few tracks I liked but a lot of duds. I feel like a lot of it all sound the same and like he is running out of ideas.

3 minutes ago, DoublesGuy said:

I wasn't feeling it. There were few tracks I liked but a lot of duds. I feel like a lot of it all sound the same and like he is running out of ideas.

I think it sounds that way because it's so slow. I was staring at the track timers on my phone for the full 43 minutes watching for when the songs would change and didn't really feel that way. But again it's so slow so I see how it can feel that way I'd still give it another few listens to judge. I definitely don't feel like I did after my first Cobra Juicy listen though that album was instant.

Just found out about this group the other day. Can't believe I've never heard of them before. Coincidentally my show buddy discovered them in the same week. I just bought us tickets to see them in Massachusetts next month, which happens to fall on my friends birthday.

I'm about to go to bullmoose and pick this record up. Can't wait to spin it. 

7 minutes ago, pizza face said:

Just found out about this group the other day. Can't believe I've never heard of them before. Coincidentally my show buddy discovered them in the same week. I just bought us tickets to see them in Massachusetts next month, which happens to fall on my friends birthday.

I'm about to go to bullmoose and pick this record up. Can't wait to spin it. 

Eating Us is (in my opinion) their best record if you want to dig into their back catalog 

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up the cloudy blue variant at their show tonight for $25

Was a great show. I only know this album and a few other songs but I knew at least half of the set. A little upset they didn't perform backwash but that's OK since they performed for about an hour and twenty minutes. Probably the calmest show I've ever been to aside from the couple in front of me tongue fucking each other. 

29 minutes ago, pizza face said:

Picked up the cloudy blue variant at their show tonight for $25

Was a great show. I only know this album and a few other songs but I knew at least half of the set. A little upset they didn't perform backwash but that's OK since they performed for about an hour and twenty minutes. Probably the calmest show I've ever been to aside from the couple in front of me tongue fucking each other. 

That variant is a beauty.

This has ended up one of my favorite releases this year so far couldn't be happier.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2018 at 10:05 AM, Tommy said:

it feels to me like the lovechild of Autumn Kaleidoscope and Seefu Lilac

This is the impression I'm left with the most myself. Damn but those first 2 albums need to be on vinyl  already

6 minutes ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

I'm glad this record is doing so well. I bet he wasn't expecting it based on the amount initially pressed.

It's a nice surprise but with even Wooden Shjips going a bit mellow and gazey I think peeps want something relatively slow and chill. Probably cuz the world outside is burning.