Rob Crow 2018 Joyful Noise Artist in Residence

hori

Announcing: our 2018 Artist in Residence!

2b67082a-70ae-4499-89d1-48f93b74b307.jpg
Greetings, VIPs! We are delighted to announce that Rob Crow will be releasing a plethora of new music as part of our 2018 Artist In Residence series. Rob Crow is perhaps the most absurdly diverse artist we have ever worked with (who else can pivot seamlessly from Pinback to Anal Trump?). This dude's musical output is parallel to none... And this is by far the most ambitious residency we've ever attempted. 

What’s included this year?
  • Over 300 minutes of music, created by Rob Crow & friends throughout 2018.
  • TEN limited edition vinyl records (nine 12"s, one 7") from ten distinct musical projects. Each release limited to 475 copies on colored vinyl, 
  • Deluxe box set to house all this beautiful vinyl (numbered out of 475).
  • MP3 and WAV downloads of new albums sent to you on the 15th of each month.
  • A signed art print.
  • Various surprises from Rob, possibly including but certainly not limited to a karaoke DVD, cassettes, flexi-discs, zines, and other items.
  • The satisfaction of financially supporting an incredible artist and his family. DID WE MENTION ROB CROW HAS FIVE FRIGGIN KIDS?!
Throughout his 2018 residency, Rob Crow will be releasing new works from at least 10 distinct projects, including:

Optiganally Yours
Thingy
Goblin Cock
Byre
Third Act Problems
Other
Remote Action Sequence Project
Physics
Anal Trump

...and an unreleased single from Pinback

ORDER HERE
PS: we're changing how we're doing some AiR stuff this year... Since, you know, there are gonna be TEN goddamn records. 

DOWNLOADS: Digital downloads of new albums will be delivered via email on the 15th of each month, starting on March 15, and ending on November 15. 

BOX SET SHIPPING: Vinyl Box Sets will be sent all in one package, with an expected ship date of November 15, 2018. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS FACT. You are signing up for a year-long musical experiment with Rob Crow, concluding with one big amazing box set of all the music he creates this year. You are buying into his process, and you will receive downloads each month as these albums are completed. But DO NOT expect to receive the vinyl box set before the expected November 15 ship date.

Thanks for supporting this amazing artist. We love you.

- Karl & all at JNR

1 hour ago, bluescreenlife said:

I don't think you get to decide that for everybody.

Chill, bro.  Did I try to get the label to not press this?  Maybe you're a fan of Golbincock (the band, not the activity, but you do you) and Rob's other joke bands, but I'm not going to pay $15 an LP for them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, bluescreenlife said:

So what single was released from Pinback in this set?  Hoping someone can do a rip at some point. Or ship it to me and I'll do one for everyone! Could prove a good track record with ripping vinyl and buying/selling, and I'd pay both shipping to me and back to you. Any takers?

We don't know yet. Only Optiganally Yours - O.Y. in Hi-Fi has been released so far. Albums are being released digitally once per month on the 15th, March through November, with the physical box set to follow in November.

2 hours ago, synapsistapped said:

We don't know yet. Only Optiganally Yours - O.Y. in Hi-Fi has been released so far. Albums are being released digitally once per month on the 15th, March through November, with the physical box set to follow in November.

Cool, thanks for the info.

On 4/8/2018 at 5:48 PM, citywithoutlimits said:

dang, i just saw that this was happening and the vinyl is already sold out. if anyone did end up getting it just for the pinback album, i'd be glad to toss you money for some/many of the others. i have been waiting for the new thingy album for 16 years and can't believe i missed it!!!  

Ah damnit! I sat on the fence too long on this. I would have happily been the guy who would have traded/sold ya the other items besides the Pinback 7"